If you need an aftermarket skid for the BRP...

7 replies to this topic
  • Naru

Posted August 16, 2005 - 01:22 PM

When calling Pro Armor, who makes skidplates for the CRF and BRP, I found out they are discontinuing their motorcycle skidplates. They said they weren't making enough money from them compared to their quad skid plates. Anyway, I have two of them and both are exceptionally well built, and use the stock mounting holes. Their receptionist said that they had 8 left in stock, and 20+ of the frame gaurds, and would not be making any more for at least a year, if not indefinately. They are also discounting them to get them out the door if you ask. I don't work for them or anything, just happy with their product compared to what else is out there. Whipps is the only other plate I've read about that offers the protection of this plate, but costs substantially more and rumors of fitment issues abound.

PS - For anyone that buys the plate, don't bother with the instruction manual, it was written poorly. A tech there, after great indecisivness said that the two washers are supposed to be used on the bottom two bolts, but I found they worked well on the top two bolts instead.

• ponq

Posted August 16, 2005 - 01:49 PM

They are also discounting them to get them out the door if you ask.

I guess you don't know how much of a discount, do you?

• Naru

Posted August 16, 2005 - 03:49 PM

Don't know. Worth the call though, as their products are top-notch, even if their instructions aren't :D .

• frankstr

Posted August 16, 2005 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the insight, Now I know why there not listing BRP stuff..... :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2006XR650L

Posted August 17, 2005 - 08:34 AM

a girl at pro armor told me that they have engine-frame guards at $101 or frame guards for $58 they are not on the website any longer and her listing just says for xr650--not "r" or "l"--just xr650...she said that they would fit either bike..is that true,because i didnt think they would. anybody have one of these or a picture to look at?

• wr450fyamaha

Posted August 17, 2005 - 09:47 AM

hmmmmmmmm

• Naru

Posted August 17, 2005 - 01:30 PM

They only make a skidplate and frame guards for the XR650R. Those prices are the MSRP, before any discounts.

I can take a picture of my plate this weekend if no one else can. The plate is about as full coverage as you could ask for, and the only modification I had to make to mine was filing away a bit of the left side as it interfered with the BillyWho manfunnel.

• Mescalero

Posted August 21, 2005 - 11:39 AM

They only make a skidplate and frame guards for the XR650R. Those prices are the MSRP, before any discounts.

I can take a picture of my plate this weekend if no one else can. The plate is about as full coverage as you could ask for, and the only modification I had to make to mine was filing away a bit of the left side as it interfered with the BillyWho manfunnel.

got that pic?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.