Zip-Ty Racing....Upset Customer!!!!!

53 replies to this topic
  • Sky Pilot

Posted August 19, 2005 - 07:48 PM

Thank you for taking control of the situation. This is a great forum that is beyond beneficial to us all. I appreciate you stepping in.

• wr429j

Posted August 19, 2005 - 08:38 PM

Right on!
Zip-ty has my vote of confidence and some of my money!!
I have yet to find anyone in the moto industry not willing to make it right as long as [COLOR=Red]I [/COLOR]am reasonable also. (Maybe reasonable is key)

• ncmountainman

Posted August 20, 2005 - 05:26 AM

i still think the red goes nicely with the blue,just get some more red stuff! my bike has little red doodads all over, heck thinking about it,i've got blue panels where the white ones were; maybe red number backgrounds? i think i might just do'dat :D

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 20, 2005 - 04:47 PM

Red would definately look cool if you already had some on your bike. My bike, however, is all black and blue. Red would look like shiznit. I think ZT makes a great product, and their readiness to fix the afore mentioned situation sounded first rate. However, I dont wont any friggen red parts on my bike, no matter where they are, so I have to look elsewhere. Just seems wierd to me that red is the only color they do. :D I mean why red. Why not black or silver. :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :p :D :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: I've gotta go, this thread is gonna kill me. UHHHHHHHHHHHH< :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 21, 2005 - 06:22 AM

Oh yea? I like a little Red with my Blue :D

• vantolr

Posted August 21, 2005 - 06:55 AM

TT doens't play this game, so first and last warning. If you are posting because you need feeback on how to deal with a situation, fine. Clearly, that's not your intent so stop, so I don't have to stop you. :D :eek: Yes, I realize that you said "stir up a commotion" with tongue in cheek, but in fact you DID cause a big commotion.

Geez, if ZT chooses to stop making them in blue, IT'S THEIR :D CHOICE! This is how it works in a free world. Return it and buy what you want from someone else. :D

The folks at ZT are good people and sure, their catalog should be up to date, but to post across multiple forums and freakout about it is just unreasonable. As long as the company apologizes and fixes the problem to the best of their ability, what else can they do?

If they stop blue and plug sales drop to nothing, either they'll feel the pain and change their mind or they'll continue to sell and outside of a few lost customers, maybe going all red has a larger financial benefit. After all, they are a business. Good decisions = more money. Bad decisions = less money. That's the free market.

This is really a case of making a mountain out of a mole hill (IMHO).

Wow! I can't believe my minor issue with Zip Ty caused so much discussion.

Fact: I ordered a blue YZ oil plug (as adverstised both in their catalog and on their website)

Fact: They never gave me a courtesy call to let me know they didn't have the blue one.

Fact: Instead, they assumed I'd still want it (despite the color) and shipped me the red one.

Fact: I called them, they told me they had discontinued the blue one and offered me my money back for the plug (not the shipping).

Fact: They were professional over the phone, but weren't prepared to try to do anything more than give me money back for the plug.

Fact: I WAS, INDEED, UPSET. For about 1 day, I realized that they didn't meet my expectations and thought some of you more discriminitive TTers would simply want to know....."HEY, they don't have blue anymore. So, don't order one thinking they have it." That's IT! That's all I wanted to do.

The title of the thread is: Re: Zip-Ty Racing....Upset Customer!!!!!

Perhaps I attracted too much attention to the issue in the title. I apologize for that.

As for Zip-Ty, I more than likely will do business with them in the future. I'll just call them to confirm my order (and color, if necessary) next time I make a transaction.

As for Bryan, he put it very well......this is something that became the Mt. Everest of mountains despite it really being no more than a molehill of a problem.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 21, 2005 - 12:55 PM

Oh yea? I like a little Red with my Blue

:D :D :D :eek: :eek: :D :eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR4BLUE6

Posted August 21, 2005 - 01:17 PM

I hate MOTHER F :D KIN red plugs. They make me so mad :eek: !

F :D K RED PLUGS!!! They are pieces of flaming SH :eek: T as far I'm concerned.

And screw all you COMMY RED PLUG supporters out there! :eek:

Oh plug is red! :D

• vantolr

Posted August 21, 2005 - 05:54 PM

I hate MOTHER F :D KIN red plugs. They make me so mad :eek: !

F :D K RED PLUGS!!! They are pieces of flaming SH :eek: T as far I'm concerned.

And screw all you COMMY RED PLUG supporters out there! :eek:

Oh plug is red! :D

At least everyone has a sense of humor on the subject (I still can't believe all the hype this has caused).

Zip Ty has my vote for great products, for sure. Just wish the communication would have been better.

The thread lives.......

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 22, 2005 - 07:24 AM

:D :D :D

• 2wheelbandit

Posted August 22, 2005 - 10:10 AM

I have dealt with zip ty several times. They have always been real cool. I agree that racing Yamis and supporting them with Ty's cool parts inventory, why would he even carry that dirty satanic red color, but it's not that big of a deal. Throw it in and ride.

• WR4BLUE6

Posted August 24, 2005 - 07:22 PM

Have I got something for you! Your is dream is realized, you're Utopia found, the Holy Grail discovered.

It's there man. The BLUE drain plug!!!! Act quickly or I'll buy it.

Enjoy. :D

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 24, 2005 - 07:56 PM

The title of the thread is: Re: Zip-Ty Racing....Upset Customer!!!!!

So ideally, you should of put in the subject line "Zip-Ty more blue drain plugs available" In fact, I did it to this post! :D

• Sky Pilot

Posted August 24, 2005 - 08:16 PM

Dddddddoooooooggggggghhhhhhhh - There Is Always A Fly In The Ointment - Hold Onto Your Wallet Vantoir - That Plug Is For A Big Bore - It Won't Fit Your 250f. Bummer, Sky Pilot

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.