stupid question.....

10 replies to this topic
  • waterdog3

Posted August 16, 2005 - 06:41 AM

got myself an aluminum clutch cover. went to remove the stock cover, put oil pan under it. when i pulled the old cover no oil came out, but everything had an oily coating. i did not start the bike before hand and the bike had not been started for several days. is this normal???????

• byggd

Posted August 16, 2005 - 07:11 AM

That seeems really odd. I know when I installed the rekluse clutch I had to lay the bike on it's side to keep the oil from running out :D

• Gadsen

Posted August 16, 2005 - 07:44 AM

got myself an aluminum clutch cover. went to remove the stock cover, put oil pan under it. when i pulled the old cover no oil came out, but everything had an oily coating. i did not start the bike before hand and the bike had not been started for several days. is this normal???????

It is a dry sump system, did you just run the engine? Normal if you did. Now if it sat all night and did this...

• waterdog3

Posted August 16, 2005 - 11:48 AM

The bike was cold, don't think i started it that day. I thought it was odd, but i have never had the covers off before. I check the oil level every day before I ride. Yes, after a 1-2 minute warm up. It has been showing about 3/4 up on the dip stick. The bike runs and pulls hard...

• knucklehead

Posted August 16, 2005 - 12:00 PM

what kind of clutch cover? i cracked mine this weekend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted August 16, 2005 - 01:01 PM

what kind of clutch cover? i cracked mine this weekend.

In other words, he'd lile to buy your old "take off" unit! :D

• knucklehead

Posted August 16, 2005 - 01:06 PM

no i would like to get a blue one but i've only found one for $150.
my engine sounds different after the break - was it b/c the sound is coming from the gaping hole?

• waterdog3

Posted August 16, 2005 - 02:28 PM

I got it on e-bay.$80.00, brand new alluminum. They retail for around $175.00. I have my factory cover. u can have it for the shipping cost.

• flatnacker

Posted August 16, 2005 - 09:55 PM

Geex $175!!!! Man thats expensive!!! Yikes remind me never to bust mine!!

• Matty05

Posted August 16, 2005 - 10:20 PM

I would use the soap trick untill I could flog another one :D

• TeamScream

Posted August 27, 2005 - 09:53 PM

In other words, he'd lile to buy your old "take off" unit! :D

Lol thats funny

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.