New Bike exhaust question - 2002 WR426F

4 replies to this topic
  • goodluckmonkey

Posted August 16, 2005 - 03:46 AM

Back to riding a blue bike after 3 years on a DR-Z400.

it's an 02 WR426F with a full Ti Acropovic system, YZ timed with a 450 exhaust cam, and some head work.
It's great with the supermoto setup, but a bit of a handful with the dirt wheels on, as it wears me out too quickly.

Whilst the Acropovic is a work of art, and produces great power, i really want a 92db can to go on the stock header to tone it down a bit, and get it to a bearable noise level, which will allow me to ride enduros on it too.

What are peoples experiences of different enduro legal end-cans to suit the 426.

And any advice on suspension settings, as i'm only small, but still end up bottoming it out everywhere.

• byggd

Posted August 16, 2005 - 06:14 AM

What are peoples experiences of different enduro legal end-cans to suit the 426.

I have the same bike and mods. I run a white bros e-series S-bend, 6 disks, blank disc, a quiet core insert and it's no louder that the stock can with the pee shooter removed. You can quiet it down further by running less disks, keep in mind 4 of them is = to a 1" opening.

And any advice on suspension settings, as i'm only small, but still end up bottoming it out everywhere.

Start with the stock settings and adjust from there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gagester

Posted August 16, 2005 - 04:53 PM

I have an 02 wr426 and an 03 yzf450. buy a 4 inch supertrapp end cap and 7 plates. drill a couple holes and it fits nicely. I have the exhaust on my 450 now. it smoothes out the power. it should cost around 45 bucks and I am very happy with the performance. stock can is a little heavier than aftermarket obviously. I race both bikes and removed the yosh pipe from my 450 and will keep the wr pipe on it from now on.

• JMathis

Posted August 16, 2005 - 05:24 PM

Are you meaning that you put the Supertrap end cap on the stock can?

• goodluckmonkey

Posted August 17, 2005 - 03:08 AM

Yeah, what's the deal with the supertrapp thingy?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.