Staked chain vs. Master Link

24 replies to this topic
  • 600ish

Posted August 17, 2005 - 07:25 PM

Tim, How's it going man? I ordered the Ironman 15/47 last night and they are out of the 47, so I got a 48. I will order an ERV2 or 3. Where should I go for the staking tool? I guess I will do some searching around.
Yeah I have a friend who was going to drive my chase truck while I rode it Ironman, and he wants to ride some of it with me, which is fine by me since 500+ miles is a lot for my first desert race. :eek:
He donated his real low mileage '01 650R :D :eek: to the cause and I'm buying the parts and pieces to get it race ready for V2R. I was going to spend the money on my 600 anyway, and now I feel much more comfortable on his :D finely tuned 650r :D than my beat up high miles 600 that burns quite a bit of oil. :D :D
I can't wait!!! I look forward to seeing you there as well. This should be quite an adventure for us boys from Back East :D :p :eek: :D

• 600ish

Posted August 17, 2005 - 07:36 PM

I running 15/48 gearing for the 650R. How many link chain do I need since stock is 14/48 with I believe 110 links. Thanks :D :D .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max Power

Posted August 17, 2005 - 08:45 PM

I running 15/48 gearing for the 650R. How many link chain do I need since stock is 14/48 with I believe 110 links. Thanks :D :D .

112 links.

• 600ish

Posted August 17, 2005 - 09:04 PM

Max Power, Thanks man, I'll get on it. Walt :D

• Mark_Bear

Posted August 18, 2005 - 01:58 AM

This site has a gearing calculator which also works out the chain length. It appears to be set-up for the XR650R which is handy. It does suggest the correct amount of links for the two setups that I use.

http://www.4strokes....earing_calc.xls

Enjoy

Mark

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.