Need Help! Question on WR wheels....

2 replies to this topic
  • Lukejt

Posted August 15, 2005 - 05:56 PM

OK, picked up a set of wheels from a '98 WR to be installed on a 2001 WR. Problem is the 98 has a smaller diameter axle. Will a 1999 or newer bearing/spacer set would fit into a 1998 hub, so that the thicker axle would fit that hub??

OR could I reasonably take the hub and axle into a bearing shop, and ask them "I want a bearing with an outside diameter of this (hand them the hub) with an inside diamter of this (hand them the axle)" and have any reasonable expectation that they would be able to match that up?

Any advice or solution will be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Lukejt

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted August 16, 2005 - 04:57 AM

You need to order a long spacer bushing and cut it down to length to build up the shaft to the correct diameter. This bushing will need to be put in the wheel hub and then put the wheel in between the forks and slide the axle in. The length needs to be cut to fit between the forks with no slop. :D

• AntiUrban

Posted August 17, 2005 - 12:43 PM

I din't know what it would take to fit those wheels, but I know the 2001's are easier to find than the old 98's. I might be interested in the '98 wr wheels if you end up wanted to sell them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.