"L" -- White IMS 4.0 Tank

7 replies to this topic
  • drex

Posted August 15, 2005 - 05:36 PM

Hey, guys, my dad ordered an IMS 4.0 tank for his 650L -- when he opened the box he groaned when he saw the tank was white. :D

Guess he didn't know the difference between white and natural, and he wants to be able to view the gas level through the side of tank.

Give me your opinion on the transparency of the white tank -- will he be able to see the gas level???

Dan :D

• wr450fyamaha

Posted August 15, 2005 - 06:06 PM

no, white is white.

• roadcam

Posted August 15, 2005 - 06:15 PM

I can see the gas level in my RED IMS tank, IF there is suficient light behind it ...

• truck6driver

Posted August 15, 2005 - 06:20 PM

No. you cannot see the fuel level in the white tank. Another thing is the gas will turn the tank tan over time. My tank is around 8 years old and has been tan for years now. Still will not take it off the bike until it leaks. I have never had a problem with the operation of the tank.

RH

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Supplicate

Posted August 15, 2005 - 06:28 PM

on the discolloration note, I've had my natural IMS on the bike for two months now, and it is already tan.

I can still see the fuel level, so no plans on changing it out until it leaks.

• Dual_Dog

Posted August 15, 2005 - 06:45 PM

Give me your opinion on the transparency of the white tank -- will he be able to see the gas level???

Dan :D

Sure, just open the gas cap and look inside! :D

Seriously, the white is too solid to see through. I know. I've got a white Clarke 4.0. If the fuel turns the natural colored tank brown (which it does), so does dirt on your riding pants on white. Both sides of the tank will soon have brown dirt stains where the knees rub and grip the tank, unless you have full graphics covering the sides.

Good thing the petcock has a "reserve" setting. I suggest using that only in an emergency so at least you'll have some fuel (on both sides) in the tank in case you happen to run out. :eek: Then all that's left is trying to figure out how to transfer that fuel over to the petcock side. :D

• Supplicate

Posted August 15, 2005 - 06:52 PM

Then all that's left is trying to figure out how to transfer that fuel over to the petcock side. :D

take lots of right hand turns and lean the bike waaaaay over.

• truck6driver

Posted August 17, 2005 - 10:01 AM

Hey, I have run the left side out of fuel. I just laid the bike on it's side and then picked it back up. I had 2 people stop it see if I had wrecked. I try not to do it on a regular basis.

RH

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.