CA Green sticker

9 replies to this topic
  • ROD NOKIN

Posted August 15, 2005 - 11:41 AM

Is anyone else having trouble getting a green sticker on a 05 wr450? Aren't
they green sticker compliant? Thanks for any advice.

• byggd

Posted August 15, 2005 - 12:29 PM

Yes, the 05 wr450 has an AIS which got it a green sticker. :D

• ROD NOKIN

Posted August 15, 2005 - 01:41 PM

That's one of the reasons I bought it. I received a red sticker in the mail so I made an apointment at the DMV to get it rectified. The guy at the DMV office
looked it up and said it should have a red sticker. Maybe I just need to keep going back until I find someone smart enough to help me. That could take forever!

• Sierra Smokey

Posted August 15, 2005 - 02:12 PM

I have an '04 and I walked out of DMV with a red sticker. Look at the 8th digit in your VIN, if it's got a "C" or a "3", then it's a red sticker bike. Your 2005 should have a different digit in that 8th position. You can read about it on DMV's website, www.dmv.ca.gov, go to "registration", then "off highway vehicles". The '05 WR450 is a green sticker bike, trust me, but the slug behind the DMV counter is the person you have to convince. :D :D

• moach1

Posted August 15, 2005 - 02:17 PM

yup green sticker.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ROD NOKIN

Posted August 15, 2005 - 02:18 PM

That gives me some ammo. Thanks!

• WGP

Posted August 15, 2005 - 02:30 PM

Its all in the VIN! They sent me GREEN :D

• ShadyatBest

Posted August 15, 2005 - 03:23 PM

i have 2 friends with wr's and they got the greens

• donutman126

Posted August 15, 2005 - 07:24 PM

[quote name='ROD NOKIN'] Maybe I just need to keep going back until I find someone smart enough to help me.[/QUOTE

Yeah, right... and my lawnmower doubles as a cold fusion reactor.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 15, 2005 - 08:36 PM

I have an '04 and I walked out of DMV with a red sticker. Look at the 8th digit in your VIN, if it's got a "C" or a "3", then it's a red sticker bike....

Cool, though, I'm not a Cally resident, I have a 2004 WR450F and the 8th digit is a "W"

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.