Clutch assembly question... yz426

2 replies to this topic
  • Pincushion

Posted August 15, 2005 - 06:41 AM

I'm in the midst of reassembly and have a question about how the thrust washer for the clutch boss should fit. I have a 2000 w/ the 2001 clutch updates and I've swapped my stock basket for a performance engineering basket. The update was done years ago, but the basket is brand new and this is its first time being installed.

If I put the thrust washer onto the spline it goes beyond the splined area of the shaft and onto the unsplined area where it is no longer securely supported or centered because its now riding beyond the splines. I can install the boss and everything fits, but I'm concerned about the thrust washer installing beyond the splined area of the shaft. Is that normal or not? Should there be a spacer behind the basket taking up that small gap?

Thx.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • biznet1

Posted August 15, 2005 - 08:03 AM

If I remember correctly, when I did my 01 mod, I noticed the same thing. I'm 99 percent sure that it is by design. My clutch worked great.

• Pincushion

Posted August 15, 2005 - 08:24 AM

Good deal!

Thanks to both of you.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.