Bike Kept Stalling in Rain

7 replies to this topic
  • Maximus86

Posted August 15, 2005 - 05:46 AM

Well I was riding home from Dinner on my 426. I just put some Avon Distanzias on it and they felt good but then it started raining and my bike started running like crap. Everytime I came to a stop it would sputter and die.

any ideas what could be happening-water getting in the spark plug hole?...i know my SV650 was bad about that cause the front cyld. was pointed forward but its pretty covered up on the 426

Water was getting somewhere it wasn't suppose to and i just can't figure it out :D

• ncmountainman

Posted August 15, 2005 - 08:57 AM

extremely high humidity(i guess ya can't get higher than 100%) can make it run rich. if you were slightly rich to start with,it could be the culprit :D

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 15, 2005 - 08:58 AM

Was it rainy and windy? To much water get in your airbox not allowing your filter to breath?

• yamahazinger

Posted August 15, 2005 - 05:37 PM

rain could have gotten in your gas or got something wet. If it runs fine in dry weather then it was the rain and dont worry about it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MisterMan

Posted August 15, 2005 - 07:14 PM

you know thoes tubes comm'n out from the bottem of ur bike??? some of thoes are breathers, if they become blocked it can cause a ritch seting....pull ur plug and tell us what collor it is.

this ought to help ya :http://www.pcracingu...rventsystem.php

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 16, 2005 - 03:30 AM

In stock form the 426 has pretty good water resistance, as long as you stay out of deep water. After every ride my bike gets hosed completely, under the tank, around the carb, over the motor, etc... and starts right up afterward. So my point is, check everything on your bike that is not stock first. Any changes to the carb breathers, airbox, electrical wires, etc.. I hope this helps!

• Maximus86

Posted August 16, 2005 - 12:57 PM

well-guys-thanks for the replys

i think it was running Rich because it looks like a lot of water was getting in the airbox and on the filter

It ran perfect today

hope i didn't suck any water into the engine :D

• biznet1

Posted August 16, 2005 - 01:10 PM

well-guys-thanks for the replys

i think it was running Rich because it looks like a lot of water was getting in the airbox and on the filter

It ran perfect today

hope i didn't suck any water into the engine :D

If it made it to the carb, you'd know it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.