Mulholland shocks?

6 replies to this topic
  • xrdad

Posted August 14, 2005 - 08:55 PM

Does anyone (socalxr) know where to find Mulholland shocks? Are they still being produced? If not, then is there any other aftermarket units available for a 1977 XR75? I'd like to find a set that are longer than stock, since I'm planning on using longer front forks. It's time to finish this project, or get rid of it!

Ted K.

• socalxr

Posted August 14, 2005 - 10:21 PM

Ebay or junkyards is about your best bet. There is a guy that sells Boge shocks, but they are only about 12.25"-12.5". Just a tad longer than stock.

• dirtbkr188

Posted August 15, 2005 - 04:06 AM

Classic Honda carries Kitaco rear shocks for Z50s in various lengths, you might find what you need by clicking HERE , and then clicking on Z50 on the home page.

• socalxr

Posted August 15, 2005 - 04:49 AM

Also, Works Performance sells new shocks in any length and spring type, but they are costly.

• ridered501

Posted August 15, 2005 - 06:26 PM

alot of suspension shops will lengthen or shorten forks Im thinking of having it done for my xr100 it will cost me about $150 to have them lengthened at a local machine shop

• 50race

Posted July 31, 2006 - 07:50 PM

here is the eye candy i have chosen for my old xr.

http://www.wpsuspens...4014_stereo.jpg

ya those shocks are roughly $1200

until i can get a nice set like that i have a nice set of fox air shocks that fit the bike nicely. they are old and one needs rebuilt so both will get treatment and they are about an inch longer than stock and no not for sale.

My bike is an 1982 xr100 frame with the shorter xr80 seat. and i have ktm 105 complete wheels on front and rear with ktm105 rear disk brakes and big ktm brembo brakes on the front. the bike looks stock at a glance but then its hey look it has disk brakes. oh and forks. u guys will love this one. we picked them up at a savage yard. they are from a 1974 suzuki street bike. they work suprisingly well.

• XR75_Racer

Posted July 31, 2006 - 07:53 PM

The setup i have on my 75 for now is twinshock cr80 shocks with an old twinshock xr100 swingarm

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Valve Seal Problem by SouthShore_Boy

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR/CRF 80-200
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

What Would Be The best dirt bike for a 12 year old? by ramis

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  48 replies
Forums
Photo

CRF 80 XR 80 Suspension Rear Shock Fix by WAKTMRider

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

what kind of dirt bike should i get by tim1511

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

'02 XR200 Adventure/Mountain Bike by mx4god

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR/CRF 80-200
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.