Last post for a while..........

2 replies to this topic
  • Bill

Posted December 25, 2000 - 04:24 PM

The house and shop are packed, the bikes are at a friends for safe keeping until I fly back to get them and my truck and we're as ready, as we're going to be.

We load and drive to SE Pennsylvania tomorrow. I left the company I've been with for 17 years to take a new and more challenging position with a vendor of my previous employer. The scariest part :D of this, is whether this California :) guy can handle the cold of the north :D. Looks like I need a good riding jacket.

Any suggestions?

Hope you all had a great x'mas. :D Talk to you soon.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AngryCandy

Posted December 25, 2000 - 04:37 PM

Looks like I'm getting a new riding partner :D

I'm going to join Tower City in the spring as well, Bill, and I hope to hook up with you and the others in June. I think Sbohanon is the only other guy from TT in the area, but it sounds like Kev might make it down at some point.

Good luck on the move and let us know when you get settled in the new job/house. Pray for warmer weather so we can get out and rip (it's going down to 5F tonight with 30 mph winds :) my bike hates this weather)

• mcarp

Posted December 25, 2000 - 08:57 PM

Good luck in your new job and move, Bill.

Maybe an "Eastern Moab-PA" is in order for the spring :) I'll travel from Columbus to PA/MD/WVA for a long weekend of riding if we get it organized. If Kevvie can get there from NH, I'm sure many others can try to hook up from elswhere fairly nearby as well.

Welcome to the North. It's cold up here :D

Don't overdress, long underwear, a few extra thin shirts and a windbreaking jacket (w/hood under helmet in really cold stuff) is all you *need* for 25-40 degrees. Below 15 degrees is pretty much unrideable no matter what you wear, maybe except the occasianal neighborhood snow run.

Heated grips and gore-tex socks rock. Your hands and feet get cold fast which ends my day in a hurry. I can get by w/o them if it's 30-40p, but life sucks w/o them, especially if they get wet.

Also double pane goggles, an extra pair of gloves and socks, 10/40 oil, and richer jetting may be required. Use intermediate tires for both frozen ground, ice puddles, and sloshy snow.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.