Switching frame from 01 wr426 to 05 450

2 replies to this topic
  • nasa-medic

Posted August 14, 2005 - 06:18 PM

Could any one tell me if a 05 wr450 frame is the same as a 01 wr426.
I found the 05 frame and could get it for cheep. I think the title will let me regester it for street use. And switching it over would be fun. OK I'm sick in that way. I think it's the keg in my shop that makes me that way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe Reitman

Posted August 14, 2005 - 07:18 PM

The 05 is different. I have read that the 05 top frame tube connects lower on the steering head. It helps lower the center of gravity- having ridden the 03, and now owning an 05, it makes a big difference. I am not sure if the tank, shock, subframe mounting points, etc have changed. I suspect they have but may be wrong... Good luck, maybe you can take some comparative measurements.

• TeamScream

Posted August 27, 2005 - 10:00 PM

It is all together different......

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.