Exhaust louder is better

2 replies to this topic
  • yamwr426

Posted August 14, 2005 - 06:03 PM

Hey Gang need a little help. I am looking to upgrade my 01 WR426 exhaust from uncorked factory to aftermarket. In most of the threads I read folks talk about the best performance with low DB output. I am looking for performance as sound is not an issue. (louder is better)

Have any of you been tested with the uncorked stock pipe? How loud is it? I read all about different noise levels and I am not to sure where I am now.

Thanks for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flatnacker

Posted August 14, 2005 - 06:59 PM

Why in the hell do you think louder would be better??? I have been recently running A WB E exhaust and its so freaking loud that Im considering using ear plugs :D

If you are going for performance then go for the pipe that gives the most performance, but be prepared for ringing ears :D

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted August 14, 2005 - 07:28 PM

FMF Powercore4 at about 103+ db, and add the quiet core insert for 94db. Have both, one for indor closed course competition, and works on public lands with the insert. :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.