Should i buy a wr450f

32 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted August 15, 2005 - 05:43 AM

You own a WR.. Right? I meant a person would take my gripes and post them on another board, like KTM or Honda, as a reason to NOT own the WR.

And of course I am well aware why the WR is sold in it's de-smoged and chocked up condition. :D

Umm...ok. Sorry. :D

• MXJunky

Posted August 15, 2005 - 07:04 AM

Yes, buy a WR450.

Somebody said that the WR450 felt heavy... Perhaps they've never ridden a DRZ400! MXJunky just bought a WR450 after a couple of years on a DRZ, it was like going from a fat chick (not that there is anything wrong with fat chicks) to a super model.

Edit: Rush kicks ass! "...things I know, things I wonder, things I'd like to say..."

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 15, 2005 - 09:19 AM

05 not nearly as top heavy...

• rushfan

Posted August 15, 2005 - 01:50 PM

Yes, buy a WR450.

Somebody said that the WR450 felt heavy... Perhaps they've never ridden a DRZ400! MXJunky just bought a WR450 after a couple of years on a DRZ, it was like going from a fat chick (not that there is anything wrong with fat chicks) to a super model.

Edit: Rush kicks ass! "...things I know, things I wonder, things I'd like to say..."

I never rode a drz400, but I went from an xr400 to a wr450...(and that fat chic thing you said). Ya know what I mean?
And yes, Rush DOES kick azz.

Wave after wave will flow with the tide, and bury the world as it does.
Tide after tide will flow and recede leaving life to go on as it was.

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 15, 2005 - 02:09 PM

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice...

• rushfan

Posted August 15, 2005 - 05:06 PM

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice...

amen :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The WR in front

Posted August 25, 2005 - 08:54 AM

Well I have the 03 and she has never let me down, and I have only let her go down like twice. This bike for me is bulletproof in the mountains, deserts, beaches, and even those scary out of country adventures. Maybee im lucky or maybee they dont make them like they usto...lol doubt it tho.. Listen I started on a 86 IT 200, blew the cylender and went out and got the first WR 450 in the San Diego area in 03. The difference from the 200 will literaly throw you right on your A$$, but now I lead the packs and enjoy smokin the oldys. The WR450f to me is the best trail attack vehicle on the planet not top heavy or sloppy, this baby flys and most of the time I dont even feel what im flying over. When in doubt floor it..... :D

• 450 Hurricane

Posted August 25, 2005 - 12:10 PM

I've had my 05 450 for a couple of months now and am very happy with it. No I didn't like having to spend the time to do the free mods as someone else mentioned, but in today's world, thats what you deal with. The free mods were VERY much worth it though!

I've made a few other mods so far and this thing's power is flat out amazing to me. I have no complaints with top heavyness either.

Great all round off-road bike! I wholeheartily recommend it.

• farkawi

Posted August 25, 2005 - 01:44 PM

I've always subscribed to the one of each philosophy. Yeah, it would be wonderful to have a KTM 200 for the tight stuff since they're so light and nimble. However, The WR450 will handle the tight stuff and the fire roads and other fast stuff as well. I've never ridden the little KX thumper, but I hear they are pretty nimble as well. Since I can't have one of each....I'll keep the WR450 which is the best overall trail machine I've ever had.

• drzjay400e

Posted August 28, 2005 - 03:44 PM

WHAT!!! :eek: who paid 7600 for a 450exc. I only paid $6250.00 :D
And to top it off I did not have free mods, pay out the keester for a new exhaust and every gaurd protector availible :D
Someone got hosed :D

• drzjay400e

Posted August 30, 2005 - 05:53 PM

Going from a 86 200 to a wr450. Wow you don't have much room for comparison. I would think the wr450 was the meaniest on the street if that is all I ever owned. :D

• skidxr

Posted August 31, 2005 - 11:20 AM

I've got 1500 miles on my 05 now and not a bit of trouble (knock on wood)... It feels lighter than my xr250 and handles the tight single track stuff awesome. My only complaint is I am going through tires like mad. I know that wouldn't happen if I let off the gas a bit but thats just not an option.. I have even got used to the hard as hell seat..

• Motoman_AZ

Posted September 01, 2005 - 08:36 AM

OK... I am ready to park my diesel SD and sell my YZ426 and buy an '06 WR450.... what kind of gas mileage are you guys getting on the street with your WRs?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.