Edelborck carb on modded 650l?

12 replies to this topic
  • zackm58941

Posted August 14, 2005 - 08:14 AM

I just tried to find posts like this on the search but nothing really cam up. With all of my engine mods (see sig), how would the edelbrock pumper carb react to my bike? Anyone out there with similar mods running the edelbrock, if so how do you like it?? Please let me know!

Thanks,
Zack

• zackm58941

Posted August 14, 2005 - 05:55 PM

anyone?

• frankstr

Posted August 14, 2005 - 06:02 PM

You'd get rid of that bog when you whack the throttle open......
You'll be a lot happier with the E carb ... :D

• mgs781

Posted August 15, 2005 - 01:44 AM

I love mine. I run a similar engine.

MGS

• zackm58941

Posted August 15, 2005 - 12:52 PM

Mgs781, was it farily simple to set it up for your application? Which needle did you use on it? By the way you talk about it, it sounds like you havent had any problems or anything right? Sorry for all the Q's but its pricy and I wanna make sure its gonna run right with my bike, by the way in NY in right at sea level, what about you? Thanks everyone!!!

Zack

• mgs781

Posted August 15, 2005 - 01:09 PM

No problems yet! The bike ran like crap on the rejetted stock carb, I couldn't get it right with the built motor. The Edelbrock cleaned up the carburation. I am running the richer needle they give you in the kit. Don't remember the number of clicks. The Edelbrock is the easiest carb to tune, no jets! With that said, I am still messing around with mine, I think there is more power in there somewhere.

MGS

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zackm58941

Posted August 15, 2005 - 01:14 PM

So if you were to do it again, would yet get the Edelbrock? I you remember the # of clicks, let me know so i can get it dialed in good. I really appreciate it!!!

Zack

• mgs781

Posted August 15, 2005 - 05:27 PM

Yes I would buy it again. I think the number of clicks depends on the intake adn exhaust you are running. Because my bike is not exactly the same as yours, the setting will be different. I think I am 15 clicks from full lean.

• zackm58941

Posted August 15, 2005 - 07:54 PM

Sounds good, thanks for the help!!

Zack

• XRL_Rider

Posted August 16, 2005 - 06:47 AM

[quote name='mgs781']Yes I would buy it again. I think the number of clicks depends on the intake adn exhaust you are running. Because my bike is not exactly the same as yours, the setting will be different. I think I am 15 clicks from full lean.[/QUOTE

How many turns out are you on the accelerator pump screw? Thanks

• mgs781

Posted August 16, 2005 - 07:51 AM

I haven't touched the pump yet.

MGS

• zackm58941

Posted September 01, 2005 - 06:34 PM

Just got the carb on the bike today and it looks like this ones gonna be a winner! Starts so easy and the throtle response is crisp!! No more delay like the crap a** stocker, I didnt get to ride it yet b/c im waiting on the tubes for my new wheels so I cant wait. I left the needle that came in the carb in there for now (just wanted to get it running) and it idles great but if you hold the throtle at 1/3 and up, it pops a lot. I played around with the red adjuster and couldnt really get it to go away, i know this is lean so will the next bigger needle they give me solve this? As long as I can get rid of that popping and everything else is okay, I'll be totally happy with this purchase. Thanks everyone!

Zack

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• wr450fyamaha

Posted September 01, 2005 - 06:41 PM

i think stock is gud enough for me

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.