trail tech

7 replies to this topic
  • djbiker

Posted August 13, 2005 - 11:09 AM

i just bought a trail tech computer and installed it using the extra magnet glued in one of the holes on the rotor because i couldn't get my rotor bolts loose imput my wheel size as 2133mm fowlling the steps and it says im doing 53 3rd gear half throdle, what did i do worng

• 02YZ426

Posted August 13, 2005 - 12:06 PM

Are you sure you measurments are correct? Is your speedometer set to bike #1 or bike #2? Maybe you have the computer is to the wrong bike in the setup.

• djbiker

Posted August 14, 2005 - 07:43 AM

no its bike number one and checked the math

• motodave289

Posted August 14, 2005 - 09:36 AM

Measurement sounds right. I think it sayed in mounting sender that magnet
should pass at top or bottom of sender if it passes in middle will show double
your speed.As for rotor bolt a little heat from propane torch on hub will loosen
up locktight to get bolt out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djbiker

Posted August 15, 2005 - 04:15 AM

rotor bolt is so tight that it just shredded my Allen wenches, i'll try to heat it up
i mounted my sender right where it said to and looks just like in the pictures

• 93gt

Posted August 20, 2005 - 01:31 PM

I just got done installing mine today and it seems to be working great! I had no issues with the rotor bolt, but a little heat usually helps that stubborn locktight. I will double check the mph next to a GPS to see how close it is. I think its on the money though! Also, I came up with 2114 for the wheel size measurement. I measured 26.5 inches and converted etc.. I seem to be a bit off compared to 2133 though. Could I be that far off?

• palmdaleRider

Posted August 20, 2005 - 04:17 PM

No Trial Tech, but I did have to swap the rotor the other day. No heat required, nothing stripped or rounded. Allens are a pain, unless you have the proper size and then you must still use care. Instead of Metric, did you use an American Std Allen? Also good to have a set of Allens on 3/8 rachet mounts. My 2c's...

• 93gt

Posted August 20, 2005 - 06:12 PM

I believe I used a 6mm allen. As cheap as they are, get yourself a set, or else you will be having a horrible time doing alot of little things!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.