Rough Idel at steady RPM

5 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted August 13, 2005 - 06:39 AM

On my 03 WR450 It runs really good in the woods but when I hit a road and keep it at a steady RPM it has a VERY sluggish rough idle.
I know it is jetting but what could I do.
I have factory exhaust with a Twin Air Filter(usual air box mods) thats all

• wrkaholic

Posted August 13, 2005 - 08:52 AM

Try tightening the fuel screw 1/2 turn.

• Dirt_rebel

Posted August 13, 2005 - 05:25 PM

u can try disconnect the throttle positioning sensor (tps) for road use.. it helps.. it'll give u a steady firing n u'll feel alot of difference..cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dman450f

Posted August 14, 2005 - 06:13 AM

I too had that problem,after doing all the free mods ,the jd jet kit red neddle at number 4 position and 168 main at my elevation ,fuel screw out 1 3/4 turns and the bike runs sweet!try the jet kit! see ya....

• chipwich

Posted August 14, 2005 - 09:31 AM

Search for TPS in this forum.

• SpeedBlitz

Posted August 15, 2005 - 03:59 AM

In addition to chipwich's suggestion, search for "stutter", "surge". I found a good post by yamaharichey in the Jetting forum. I'm running a setup very close to what he suggested and I like it a lot. No stutter or hesitation.

http://www.thumperta...8&highlight=ACV

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.