Performance Parts for yzf426

4 replies to this topic
  • calvin71

Posted August 12, 2005 - 07:33 PM

A few questions on some performance accessories:

1. Would it be a good investment to put the Boyesen quick shot accelerator cover on? I'm going to install the new z-start clutch so I'd like to know if this accelerator cover will work with that.

2. Can someone give me some sound advice on a new pipe and header? I have a white brothers pipe that I'm planning to replace so I'm looking for some recommendations (preferably that won't break the bank).

3. Another Boyesen product: Any feedback on the water pump kit and impellers?

• 89yz250

Posted August 12, 2005 - 11:28 PM

unfortunatly you do have to search a little for 426 stuff because of the 450s now but fmf ti 4 runs about $300,but thats just for the mid pipe and the can,
no head pipe :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • biznet1

Posted August 13, 2005 - 03:25 AM

Here's a good thread on the Boysen. It didn't do a whole lot for mine but I'm way in the minority. The z-clutch is my next investment though.

http://www.thumperta...ighlight=boysen

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 14, 2005 - 04:34 PM

2. Can someone give me some sound advice on a new pipe and header? I have a white brothers pipe that I'm planning to replace so I'm looking for some recommendations (preferably that won't break the bank).

Wont break the bank? Dr. D
http://www.dubachracing.com

Retail is around $400 for a complete system.

• felony

Posted August 19, 2005 - 05:18 PM

go with a tapered headpipe with a exhaust system.this made the biggest difference on my bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.