Frame Protectors

6 replies to this topic
  • Yamahan

Posted August 12, 2005 - 07:27 PM

Hey Guys

I'm in Asia. Having problems getting frame protectors for my '05 WR450F. Looking for plastic or reasonably priced alum. CF too expensive for me.

Are there any other way to do side frames? Rubber paint, etc?

Any suggestions?

• Dirt_rebel

Posted August 12, 2005 - 07:37 PM

hey yamahan.. i met u b4 last week at ulu penggili track last week..i'm da dreadlock guy riding a wr400f wif a converted yz450f plastics..remember??
well actually u can get a plastic frame guard by acerbiz from chong aik located at desker road...cheers..

• Yamahan

Posted August 12, 2005 - 07:43 PM

The Acerbis Catalogue at Chong Aik does not show plastic guards for '05 WR. Will older model guards fit the '05WR?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirt_rebel

Posted August 12, 2005 - 07:49 PM

the frames on the older wr is almost the same.. i think it shud fit..i may be wrong.. :D
wat u can to is ask the sales person dat u wanna try if it fits, i'm sure they'll help u out.. cheers

• Guzzidave

Posted August 14, 2005 - 04:57 AM

Four Strokes Only has Aluminum ones on Close out now.

• Birdie426

Posted August 14, 2005 - 08:34 PM

Grip tape is far cheaper...

• SpeedBlitz

Posted August 15, 2005 - 04:17 AM

As Birdie426 said, grip tape is far cheaper. I go to a skateboard shop and get skateboard grip tape. At the place I go to, I find it is cheaper than actual grip tape from the motorcycle catalogues and works great. I also tried to get some 3M grip tape (for stairs) from an industrial supply store and it was more expansive than the skateboard tape.

You can also try the following article on how to make your own frame guards:

Good luck!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.