burning my leg

9 replies to this topic
  • metalmaster117

Posted August 12, 2005 - 04:54 PM

all right here is my problem when i ride even if its for awhile my wr450's(05) exhaust gets so hot that it burns my leg with out ever having direct contact with the exhaust. is there something i can do to keep the bike from heating up so bad?
and what do u guys suggest as far as exhaust?

• taksx

Posted August 12, 2005 - 05:34 PM

Pick up some good boots, And a Pair of riding pants that have leather by your lower leg :D

• David37

Posted August 12, 2005 - 07:24 PM

What kind of exhaust system are you running? Are you using some type of heatshield or an unshielded head pipe? How long does it take for the pipe to get "hot"? We need more information to help you.

• metalmaster117

Posted August 13, 2005 - 09:03 AM

it might be my radiator as well. but i'm running a completely stock system right now. and with in 5 mins of idle my bike is heating up like crazy.

• wrkaholic

Posted August 13, 2005 - 09:25 AM

Turn your fuel screw 1/2 turn out. This will give you a little richer idle and cool the bike down.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe Reitman

Posted August 14, 2005 - 09:15 AM

Turn your fuel screw 1/2 turn out. This will give you a little richer idle and cool the bike down.

I did the same last week. It helped. It also cured the hesitation right off idle.

• skidxr

Posted August 14, 2005 - 09:34 AM

Can you adjust the stock fuel screw? Could that also help to decrease the backfiring?

• Matty05

Posted August 14, 2005 - 03:25 PM

don't put your leg down :D

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 14, 2005 - 07:22 PM

Last week there was an active thread about how to access and adjust the fuel screw. Search "fuel screw" and you should find it quickly. :D

• flatnacker

Posted August 14, 2005 - 07:42 PM

Stop wearing shorts and get some proper riding pants :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.