426 rod on a 400? maybe a 441 bore kit?

2 replies to this topic
  • R_Little

Posted August 12, 2005 - 06:49 AM

I tore down my 00 wr400 and found a slightly scored rod and a bad counterbalancer key.

I want to rebuild it with a big bore and auto-d cam. I want to go with a 426 rod.

Have 2 questions can I bore a 400 cylinder 95 mm for use with a 426 piston,rod and pin or must I buy a 426 cylinder?

2nd question, who can I use to rebuild the bottom end and crank on a fairly quick basis. Eric Gore is unreachable.

-Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pincushion

Posted August 12, 2005 - 12:52 PM

Check out this thread
http://www.thumperta...ded#post1690467

SXP is a local riding buddy and knows his stuff. PM him if you have more specific questions. I'm hoping to have a Lukes Racing 444 ride report this weekend, as long as the final assembly goes without incident. I'll let you know what I think if you're interested.

• Matt96xr6

Posted August 12, 2005 - 09:09 PM

The bottom end bearing is different sized if I remember correctly. THus you need a whole 426 crank then you need to see if the main bearings are the same size.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.