i did a photochop of a yz

Posted Image

• revolucien

Posted August 14, 2005 - 02:52 PM

Here's mine.
Posted Image

• ISBB

Posted August 14, 2005 - 02:58 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^ that looks good.. :D Nice job..

• learning2fly

Posted August 14, 2005 - 03:19 PM

Here's mine.
Posted Image

Sweet bike!! :D (And you're welcome for washing it for you yesterday, too! :D )

• Ga426owner

Posted August 15, 2005 - 12:56 PM

It looks like a Darth Vader Machine! :D

• cowboyona426

Posted August 17, 2005 - 09:12 PM

Here is what you really need...

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 18, 2005 - 02:54 AM

Here is what you really need...

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

I've actually thought about CF for my guards/sidepanels/shrouds, after seeing yours I might have to look into it a bit further. Looks awesome :D Did you make them yourself?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted August 23, 2005 - 10:20 AM

Chris- no, those were produced by a company called Mountain Machines Performance, a snowmobile accessory shop. They are prototypes right now, and they are looking for opinons on whether or not people like the idea or not. I posted a thread in the general forum with a little more info.

• revolucien

Posted August 23, 2005 - 11:41 AM

Chris- no, those were produced by a company called Mountain Machines Performance, a snowmobile accessory shop. They are prototypes right now, and they are looking for opinons on whether or not people like the idea or not. I posted a thread in the general forum with a little more info.

I think it's a great idea BUT... how much more is it gonna cost? make it rerasonable in comparison to plastic and sure I'll get some.
I can get a regular front fender for about 15-20 bucks, if they cost about 30 I might get one. I wouldn't go much higher because most of the time I have seen that stuff after a crash on a street bike it is splintered. Yeah, I know that's on the tar, but how much abuse do you think it can handle in dirt and rocks?
And is it going to be lighter? I remember buying some other carbon fiber stuff and it would have to be pretty thin to be as light as the plastic stuff.

• biznet1

Posted August 23, 2005 - 12:08 PM

I know, it's not a thumper, but it's my kid's bike. I think it's pretty sharp and worthy of this post.

http://img.photobuck...Keenansbike.bmp

• Code

Posted August 25, 2005 - 06:32 PM

Nice!

• cowboyona426

Posted August 25, 2005 - 07:59 PM

I think it's a great idea BUT... how much more is it gonna cost? make it rerasonable in comparison to plastic and sure I'll get some.
I can get a regular front fender for about 15-20 bucks, if they cost about 30 I might get one. I wouldn't go much higher because most of the time I have seen that stuff after a crash on a street bike it is splintered. Yeah, I know that's on the tar, but how much abuse do you think it can handle in dirt and rocks?
And is it going to be lighter? I remember buying some other carbon fiber stuff and it would have to be pretty thin to be as light as the plastic stuff.

No word on cost, but they are supposed to save 2 pounds from plastic and be as flexible as plastic pieces are.

• revolucien

Posted August 26, 2005 - 05:46 AM

That would be sweet to have the whole thing done, I imagine you'd have to do everything to get the two pound savings: Number plate, Side Panels, Fork guards, Front/Rear fender and Shrouds.

I have seen the way they put it together and it looks just like fiberglass work with a different cloth. I wonder why it's so expensive?

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 26, 2005 - 07:41 AM

I'm seriously thinking about carbon guards and sidepanels for my 426 'motard, maybe fork guards too. It's street only at the moment, so I don't really have to worry about durability off road, although most carbon stuff i've seen has been pretty durable.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.