should i go dual sport??????

2 replies to this topic
  • tky415

Posted August 11, 2005 - 11:40 PM

i have an '02 wr426f and im considering buying a dual sport kit and making the bike street legal. i was wondering 1 is it too hard to try 2 what kind of gas mileage ill get and will the motor hold up to daily driving on highways.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kbryant3399

Posted August 12, 2005 - 09:52 AM

i dont have a dual sport kit but i just put single items on, like a mirror and brakelight and such. This setup cost me like 60 dollars and is totally street legal except for a horn. I dont commute on the highway so i dont know how well it will hold up, I can say to expect to buy tired though, they rip em up pretty good

• minion

Posted August 12, 2005 - 06:49 PM

i have an '02 wr426f and im considering buying a dual sport kit and making the bike street legal. i was wondering 1 is it too hard to try 2 what kind of gas mileage ill get and will the motor hold up to daily driving on highways.

Your ride will suck. The WR does not have a comfy seat. You don't notice that on the trial, but you really do on the road.

Also, if you do a search on this forum for street leagal wr, you'll probably find a post regarding cush blocks as well.

I have mine dual sported, but I rarely ride mine on the road. "Theft insurance" on a street legal bike is way cheaper than on a dirt bike. I also have it dual sported for the convienece of getting to some of trails near my house without having to load the bike into my truck to do so.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.