Sticking Throttle

6 replies to this topic
  • jkwithers

Posted August 11, 2005 - 07:57 PM

MY THROTTLE STICKS IN THE OPEN POSITION. WHAT GIVES? IS CABLE LUBE THE KEY? IF SO HOW DO I LUBE MY 03 XR 650R? gUYS THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND ASSISTANCE :D

• frankstr

Posted August 12, 2005 - 05:26 AM

Motion Pro makes a cable lube tool, You might want to clean and lube your throttle tube also......... :D

• jkwithers

Posted August 12, 2005 - 05:32 AM

I Removed My Grip This Morning And I Still Had The Problem. The Throttle Operates Smoothly To The Full Open Position Then Will Not Return When Released. Both Cables Appear To Have A Little Play In Them, So I Do Not Think That The Cables Are Pinched. Which Cable Is The Return? I Have Also Heard That Under The Circular Cover Are Springs Which Are A Pain To Work With. Also Exactly Where Does The Lube Go And How Much???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted August 12, 2005 - 07:10 AM

after changing my grips, mine hung up the same way ... I just needed to pull the grip outward about 1/8" or less, and that instantly fixed it, evidently, the grip rubs the end of the throttle tube, just enough to create a drag .. did yours still stick when you had the grip all the way off ?

• jkwithers

Posted August 12, 2005 - 04:28 PM

YES, IT STILL STUCK AFTER THE GRIP WAS REMOVED. IAM GOING TO TAKE THE WHEEL OFF ND LUBE IT. :D

• jkwithers

Posted August 13, 2005 - 06:01 AM

I CLEANED AND LUBED IT STILL HAD THE PROBLEM. THEN I TILTED THE WHOLE PERCH IN. END OF PROBLEM WHAT GIVES???? DID I INADVERTANTLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM BY LENGTHINING THE THROTTLE CABLE??? :D

• wr450fyamaha

Posted August 13, 2005 - 12:23 PM

problems ive had:

-gips rubed on bark busters

-throtle cable was not on the silde track

-cable was in need ove some lubin

-push cable was busted

-push cable was to short (thats why it busted.....came on bike that way)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.