To Run, or Not to Run... Cont....

2 replies to this topic
  • Chills

Posted August 11, 2005 - 05:46 PM

Well, Talked with the shop this morning, They put a new needle in it, and it helps they says, but there is still some mid-throttle missing, like its hitting the rev limiter at 1/2 throttle. He said he thinks its the internals of the carb that cant be rebuilt, and once you separate the inner part of the carb, the seals and gaskets swell up so they cant go back together and seal correctly. And there is no part number for the internals for the carb. He said that one of the things that leads him to believe that it is still an internal carb issue, is that even with smaller Pilot jets, he can screw the Fule/Air screw all the way in, and it still runs, doesnt die, just keeps running like nothing was adjusted. He was asking me if there was any way I could get another 426 carb just for a day in order for him to test and see if a new carb or diff carb will eliminate the issue.

My question is, I have a buddy with a 03 450, will that carb work for testing on a 01 426?

BTW, I verified with him that the carb slide isnt in backwards, and he rest assured me that they didnt put it in that way.

So, will a 03 450 carb work? If not, anyone got a carb for sale for an 01 426???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzf450jack

Posted August 11, 2005 - 06:00 PM

To rich

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 12, 2005 - 07:30 PM

Before you go buying a new carb, borrow one and see if that really fixes the problem.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.