Is anybody familiar with the MSR Carb Vent Kit?

2 replies to this topic
  • cajun

Posted August 11, 2005 - 05:36 PM

I just found an MSR Carburetor Ventelation Kit that claims to solve the problem of stalling on the XR"s on jumps and so forth by rerouting the carbs vent tubes into the airbox, improving ventelation. Does anyone know if there is any validity to this? You can see it here> http://www.powerspor...?catpub=OR0205C

I'd love to solve this problem without replacing the carb with a pumper.

Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted August 11, 2005 - 06:52 PM

It dose fix the studdering from jumping and "G"-outs but, dose not fix the "Kehin smooth bore kill switch". When you wack the throttle and there is that dead spot, lag that happens till the vacuum pulls enough fuel through the jets. Only a pumper fix' that.

When the bike (carburetor) moves down real fast, the fuel moves up and some blocks the vent tubes for a short time. The vent system moves the tubes up and makes them clear much faster making less lag time till the tubes clear. That is my take on it.

• cajun

Posted August 12, 2005 - 03:03 AM

Thanks BWB63! Do think I need to buy this kit or can I just get some fuel line and fun it up into my airbox and seccure it there? I noticed the kit has some kind of filter on it, I can't believe that's really necessary.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.