Oil drain bolt

6 replies to this topic
  • TBone_Boston

Posted August 11, 2005 - 11:58 AM

Is this the right drain bolt?

I'm at my first oil change on my new '05 450. The manual (page 3-23) lists the 6 different drain bolts you need to remove. I can easily find all of them except for #3 "Drain Bolt (with gasket)".

Am I correct in assuming this is the bolt on frame (right above where the stock glide plate ends)? It is painted blue and looks like the diagram but I wanted to check.

Do any of you have a pattern of when you change the oil? (every ride? after a certain amoun of miles?) Do you change the filter each time?

• jamieyz426f01

Posted August 11, 2005 - 12:04 PM

the blue bolt on the frame is the frame drain bolt, hold a container right over the hole though 'cus otherwise the oil will shoot out all over your tire and floor etc. :D

• TBone_Boston

Posted August 11, 2005 - 12:25 PM

Great - so it looks like that is the missing piece. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ISBB

Posted August 11, 2005 - 03:06 PM

ISBB usually drains at the frame and the crank case... 2 bolts done...

• jamieyz426f01

Posted August 11, 2005 - 03:23 PM

ISBB usually drains at the frame and the crank case... 2 bolts done...

ditto :D

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted August 11, 2005 - 09:00 PM

Every other or every third, I will drain all of mine. Otherwise I do like ISBB. Quick and easy and get 99% of the oil out. :D

• TBone_Boston

Posted August 12, 2005 - 08:59 AM

awesome - thanks!

I had done a few small rides (30min) and a couple biggies (2 -3 hours) totaling 60 miles and the oild looked terrible. I think I'll do it every 5 hours or so.

thx

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.