Two2Cool, Engine Ice, or both??

16 replies to this topic
  • jbrooks26

Posted August 11, 2005 - 09:49 AM

Hey guys,

I am looking at these additives and I have also been running Water Wetter in the past. Any sugestions? I have had a few instances where I boiled over and didn't like it at all. Thanks,

Josh

• ncmountainman

Posted August 11, 2005 - 10:27 AM

22C and evans NPG-R, :D

• jaggley

Posted August 11, 2005 - 07:21 PM

I listened to mountainman and last week I switched to NPG-R and two2cool. I rode last saturday in some of the worst mud everand spun the rear here and there all day. It was about 80 degrees out and humid. Before I would have been boiling over regularly in these conditions. Not once did it boil. Also, every now and then I stopped and idled for a couple minutes with no boiling. :D :D

• rushfan

Posted August 11, 2005 - 07:38 PM

Is boiling over a big issue with the WR's? This is my first rad bike since my 01 CR250.

• norm22

Posted August 13, 2005 - 04:42 AM

Hey guys,

I am looking at these additives and I have also been running Water Wetter in the past. Any sugestions? I have had a few instances where I boiled over and didn't like it at all. Thanks,

Josh

Water Wetter from what I seen doesn't work as well as Engine Ice or Evans. Either one of those should be all you need.

• ncmountainman

Posted August 13, 2005 - 05:20 AM

Water Wetter from what I seen doesn't work as well as Engine Ice or Evans. Either one of those should be all you need.

what do you know about 22C norm, besides you having a deep seated fear that it might actually work? i've used the stuff for a year and have compared with and without numerous times(its easy just don't add the last 2 oz of oil,run it then add 22c) the results are quite obvious. as far as engine ice and evans being in the same ballpark; you couldn't be more wrong. engine ice will keep your bike cooler during normal operating temps,but get it near its boiling point 260-270 ? and its old faithful time. evans on the other hand has around 77% cooling effectiveness of water (which i beleive is about 10-15% less than 50/50) so it does not cool as well in normal conditions compared to a 50/50 such as engine ice. well the big difference is at around 250,when molar cavitation is occuring in the water jackets with the 50/50,the evans is still doing its job which at that point starts to outperform any coolant with water in it. up to a 400' boiling point at only 7 psi(you'll never see those temps unless something is very wrong) so engine ice is great for those people not experiencing problems to start with,but the evans/22C combo (22C seems to works better with the evans for some reason,maybe the slightly higher running temp?) will stop all problems dealing with spewing,you need some norm :D

• norm22

Posted August 13, 2005 - 06:38 AM

what do you know about 22C norm, besides you having a deep seated fear that it might actually work? i've used the stuff for a year and have compared with and without numerous times(its easy just don't add the last 2 oz of oil,run it then add 22c) the results are quite obvious. as far as engine ice and evans being in the same ballpark; you couldn't be more wrong. engine ice will keep your bike cooler during normal operating temps,but get it near its boiling point 260-270 ? and its old faithful time. evans on the other hand has around 77% cooling effectiveness of water (which i beleive is about 10-15% less than 50/50) so it does not cool as well in normal conditions compared to a 50/50 such as engine ice. well the big difference is at around 250,when molar cavitation is occuring in the water jackets with the 50/50,the evans is still doing its job which at that point starts to outperform any coolant with water in it. up to a 400' boiling point at only 7 psi(you'll never see those temps unless something is very wrong) so engine ice is great for those people not experiencing problems to start with,but the evans/22C combo (22C seems to works better with the evans for some reason,maybe the slightly higher running temp?) will stop all problems dealing with spewing,you need some norm :D

I stick with my statement..And what are you saying? That Evans works better with 22C because of its higher temps? How can that be if 22C keeps the temps down? You can't have it both ways.. :D

• ncmountainman

Posted August 13, 2005 - 07:14 AM

I stick with my statement..And what are you saying? That Evans works better with 22C because of its higher temps? How can that be if 22C keeps the temps down? You can't have it both ways.. :D

the temp difference between 22C and not seems more dramatic(i really need to hook up the temp gauge!) with the evans than before with 50/50. maybe i just worded it wrong. i was referring to the fact that the bike will run hotter with evans at normal operating temps therefore the 22C seems to make more of a difference. you really have a problem understanding simple things :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • norm22

Posted August 13, 2005 - 07:21 AM

"you really have a problem understanding simple things"
I took it like you knew what you were taking about..my mistake

• ncmountainman

Posted August 13, 2005 - 07:27 AM

"you really have a problem understanding simple things"
I took it like you knew what you were taking about..my mistake

i'm not working off preconceived notions here pal;this is real world experience. it works for me worked for jaggley,works for a whole lotta people that actually use it,i'm kinda tired of people like you that say "theres no way" without ever trying something :D

• norm22

Posted August 13, 2005 - 07:35 AM

i'm not working off preconceived notions here pal;this is real world experience. it works for me worked for jaggley,works for a whole lotta people that actually use it,i'm kinda tired of people like you that say "theres no way" without ever trying something :D

Again as I said before if it works for you..great
I never said it doesn't work (in some cases)
I said some of the claims are bogus

• ncmountainman

Posted August 13, 2005 - 07:38 AM

Again as I said before if it works for you..great
I never said it doesn't work
I said some of the claims are bogus

yep,i gotta agree 22C needs a better PR program

• TwoBobRob

Posted August 13, 2005 - 12:37 PM

I've just done the water pump seals and bearing job on my '03 and flushed and refilled with Engine Ice. I've only done one motocross day since but I would say that my bike ran cooler. (seat-of-pants test only).... :D

• norm22

Posted August 13, 2005 - 12:47 PM

I've just done the water pump seals and bearing job on my '03 and flushed and refilled with Engine Ice. I've only done one motocross day since but I would say that my bike ran cooler. (seat-of-pants test only).... :D

kewl, great work..

• ncmountainman

Posted August 13, 2005 - 06:11 PM

kewl, great work..

i think i'm starting to get where your coming from :D but for people with real issues with heat there is no substitute for the evans-22C combo. been there dun'that. i suppose you could run your bike rich,or do whatever lame thing you want,but when it comes down to a finely tuned machine under race conditions in mud, just look at the pics; the ones with steam pouring out are the people that just don't get it :D

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 14, 2005 - 04:55 PM

I am using Evans NPG-R in my KTM and Two2Cool. Great combination.
I am back to 50/50 standard coolant with overflow bottle on my WR with Two2Cool. I prefer std coolant with the overflow bottle to tell me if the bike needs a stop to cool down. If I raced or did not have the overflow bottle (like my KTM) then I would use NPG-R for sure. Std coolant seems to work better then NPG-R at more normal riding conditions. :D

• jbrooks26

Posted August 14, 2005 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for all of the great input guys. I think I will go with the same setup as Indy, as I will be stopping and cooling down if I get hot enough to boil again. I don't race, and I don't want my bike to be getting that hot without my knowing about it. Thanks again,

Josh

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.