Amsoil Oil leaking extensive through breeder tub! It amsoil the best oil

11 replies to this topic
  • pontala

Posted August 10, 2005 - 09:37 PM

I am running Amsoil on my yz 426 it runs outstanding with it! I can hear no engine noise no valve cliquing all the noise comes from the exhaust only when I replace the oil filter very fell metal shaving on it if any! Well the problem is that every time I rid it I have to add a ½ cort because seams it leeks from the breather tub I wonder if any one knows what I can do to stop it? I was ticking in make a small tub adaptor to go in on the factory tub

• Matt96xr6

Posted August 10, 2005 - 11:10 PM

how much oil are you putting in the bike? Usually that is a sign of to much oil.

• pontala

Posted August 11, 2005 - 04:09 AM

I usually put 1 and ¾ of court I check the deep stick and add if needed before I ride and bikes is cool! Usually I ad a ½ after every ride

• jamieyz426f01

Posted August 11, 2005 - 04:16 AM

you shouldn't have to add 1/2 court after every ride :D, are you checking your oil when the bike is cold??, because if you check it when its cold the oil level will show a lot lower as it is in the cases and not circulating round the frame and engine :D . oil normally drips out of the breather tube untill it is at the right level. :D

• CHEEZE13

Posted August 11, 2005 - 08:26 AM

I usually put 1 and ¾ of court I check the deep stick and add if needed before I ride and bikes is cool! Usually I ad a ½ after every ride

Does it smoke? Cause a 1/2 quart after every ride is very excessive, and would lead one to start looking a worn oil control ring. Drain the bike and fill the oil exactly as the manual describes and check the oil exactly how the manual describes!

• pontala

Posted August 11, 2005 - 11:42 AM

it do not smoke and live no oil marks on my garage! anybody have any idea how to fix it or what cause?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mj2412

Posted August 11, 2005 - 10:14 PM

Hello,
you have too much oil in your bike. Fill the oil into the bike like described in the manual and said above. It is very very important to change and measure the oillevel when the bike is hot or at least warm. Start your bike, run it for 2 minutes and the check your oil. You are blowing the over filled oil out through the breather.

Martin

• biznet1

Posted August 12, 2005 - 02:14 AM

The 00 426 uses just a little more than a quart. 1 3/4 will puke out the tube every time, and it most definately should not need more after a ride.

• storm 800

Posted August 12, 2005 - 04:03 AM

I run Amsoil in my bike an love it too! Got about 20 degrees less engine temp an easier starting. I also had LESS blow by for the breather tube.
Sounds to me that you may be putting too much oil in your bike! The book says check your oil warm.

• pontala

Posted August 12, 2005 - 04:51 AM

Appreciate your help I will try again this week

• CHEEZE13

Posted August 12, 2005 - 10:56 AM

I run Amsoil in my bike an love it too! Got about 20 degrees less engine temp an easier starting.

You have actually measured that decrease?

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted August 12, 2005 - 12:39 PM

it do not smoke and live no oil marks on my garage! anybody have any idea how to fix it or what cause?

Buy a Billywho Factory Fill from the TT Store. It has markings on the side of the bottle so that you know exactly how much oil is going into your bike, and it also tells you how much oil your bike needs. Your problem is your putting to much oil in your bike. its not good, you need to let your engine breath. Its drowning and your losing horsepower because all the moving parts have to slosh through pounds of oil.

Fix: Billywho Factory Fill

Cause: You. Stop filling your bike up with more oil than it needs.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.