Simple Throttle, Exhaust Fixes?

1 reply to this topic
  • bushrat

Posted March 12, 2001 - 07:58 PM

I recently bought a 2001 wr426. I have read the forum but have come up with several different answers for my question. How, step by step, do I take out the exhaust plug and also how do I fix the rev limiter. Also if anyone has the time would you let me know the benefits/disadvantages of doing these simple mods.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted March 23, 2001 - 05:47 PM

Bushrat-

Here's my $.02, leave change if needed :D

The exhaust plug is easy-just remove the 10mm bolt from the rear of the exhaust and "jimmy" the plug out. It should slip out easily with a screwdriver down the tube.

Throttle stop...just buy the damn YZ throttle stop if you don't want the hastle of grinding. I don't trust any of the numbers, I raised the subframe airbox, and trimmed throttle until the bottom of the slide was flush with the carb body at WFO. Looking back, installing the YZ426 stop would have been a no-brainer.

Good luck. You'll need it when jetting :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.