YZ 450 recovered!!!! Need an owner.

13 replies to this topic
  • kal151

Posted August 10, 2005 - 06:20 PM

Posting this in here as well as in "General Forums". Help send these bikes home!!!!

My XR650L was recovered during a search warrent raid in Battlefield, MO. There were other bikes in this guys yard and they are all missing their VIN's. I'm putting feelers out on the web to try and find the owners. These bikes may not have been insured so I think the owners might like them back.The list that I have so far:

An older Suzuki 185 (blue).
A Yamaha YZ450 (blue/white)
Some sort of scooter...I didn't notice the brand (black with an OCC floormat
:D )

If anyone on this board from SW Missouri is missing a bike like these let me know.

What's left of my machine...
http://kal151.smugmu...otos/31723584-L

• MrWorkout

Posted August 10, 2005 - 06:31 PM

This guy just gonna get a slap on the wrist?

• kal151

Posted August 10, 2005 - 07:58 PM

This guy just gonna get a slap on the wrist?

Probably. He is already out on bond. I'll bet he's at home having a beer right now. :D

• jbrooks26

Posted August 10, 2005 - 08:38 PM

I lost a 99 YZ400 from south central Kansas. Just about to give up hope on it though. Are the engine numbers missing too? If not, Yamaha could probably cross the VIN for you. Hope this helps.

Josh

• kal151

Posted August 10, 2005 - 08:49 PM

I lost a 99 YZ400 from south central Kansas. Just about to give up hope on it though. Are the engine numbers missing too? If not, Yamaha could probably cross the VIN for you. Hope this helps.

Josh

When did you loose the bike? I think the officer said this one was a 450 though. Give me your engine number if you have it and I will pass it on as a maybe.

• jbrooks26

Posted August 10, 2005 - 09:15 PM

It was in December of 2003. I will post back with the numbers on it when I get home. Thanks,

Josh

• yz_for_me

Posted August 10, 2005 - 09:23 PM

What kind of shape was the YZ in? If it was good, I think it might be mine. :D JK Sersiously though, that sucks. At least you were able to recover something. That's a lot more than most people ever see again. Good luck on your quest to find the owners.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cnorton

Posted August 10, 2005 - 11:57 PM

Ya know in some countries they cut your hands off for stealing!!!

• biznet1

Posted August 11, 2005 - 02:27 AM

:D Somebody needs to put a bike on a stand, crank it, put it in 3rd gear and open the throttle, then grind his balls off with the knobby tire.

• kal151

Posted August 11, 2005 - 05:04 AM

:D Somebody needs to put a bike on a stand, crank it, put it in 3rd gear and open the throttle, then grind his balls off with the knobby tire.

:D

• MrWorkout

Posted August 11, 2005 - 05:16 PM

If you used an ice racing tire, it'd be a lot more messy and painful. Sure make you think twice about doing that again...

• jbrooks26

Posted August 14, 2005 - 12:07 PM

When did you loose the bike? I think the officer said this one was a 450 though. Give me your engine number if you have it and I will pass it on as a maybe.

Sorry it took so long, I had to locate my title. The engine number is H308E002726. Thanks for checking anyway. I appreciate it.

Josh

• RRmike

Posted August 15, 2005 - 05:35 PM

I heard the state police can forensically get the vin even after its ground off by acid etching or x-rays.

Grinding off the vin is a crime in itself

• jbrooks26

Posted August 15, 2005 - 07:02 PM

I heard the state police can forensically get the vin even after its ground off by acid etching or x-rays.

Grinding off the vin is a crime in itself

This is true, however it is also expensive. Not something that is really brought into play for theft cases I wouldn't think unless something more serious is involved. I'm no expert though.

Josh

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.