2005 fork seal

5 replies to this topic
  • AZFLYBOY

Posted August 10, 2005 - 04:16 PM

I just came home from my first post break-in ride, the bike reports having 103 miles and the left fork seal went south. I read through all of the other riders failures and found this to be coming a very common issue with the 05'S :D Whats up Yamaha, are you guys paying attention to these riders....changes need to be looked into.,..,.,,, or should I just ride my WR in a dust, dirt and mud free world...I'll just put big mirrors, a musical horn and some chrome turn signals on and cruzzzzzzzz PCH

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 10, 2005 - 04:55 PM

Try using seal savers and some grease under the dust seal on a regular basis. :D

• Dodjy

Posted August 10, 2005 - 06:29 PM

Do you use rubber greese behind the dust seals or just any greese?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted August 10, 2005 - 06:39 PM

Just use heavy pivot and linkage bearing type grease. :D

• AZFLYBOY

Posted August 11, 2005 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for the tips, I'm sure I'll be trying everthing

• MathProf

Posted August 11, 2005 - 12:49 PM

Run your hand over the bad tube and feel for any nicks in the tube.

If you feel anything, file or stone the leg smoother before installing new seal.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.