Frame paint available?

8 replies to this topic
  • sandman900ss

Posted August 09, 2005 - 10:22 PM

Anyone know of a source for blue paint that matches YZ400/426 frame color?
I haven't checked Yamaha yet. I have enough stone chips that I want to protect it from corrosion long term...

• Daz_426_02

Posted August 10, 2005 - 01:09 AM

Yeah, i have used Hammerite before. It matches the frame colour nearl perfectly.

• phat_450f

Posted August 10, 2005 - 01:35 AM

have it powder coated....works excellent. or just a thought, about a year ago i saw a older kx250 that had its frame done with line-x (the bedliner spray) the guy said it works great but tears up boots like crazy....

• 02YZ426

Posted August 10, 2005 - 02:59 AM

PJ1 Makes frame paint that matches perfectly, you should be able to get it from your local dealer. Its good paint, but it goes on thin so you have to put on a few coats.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 10, 2005 - 04:10 AM

Anyone know of a source for blue paint that matches YZ400/426 frame color?
I haven't checked Yamaha yet. I have enough stone chips that I want to protect it from corrosion long term...

If you have a Triumph Motorcycle dealer nearby, Triumph "Sapphire Blue" is a perfect match for Yamaha frame paint. You can buy it from the dealer in a touch up pen twin-pack, which has one paint pen in whichever colour you choose, and the other paint pen is clear lacquer. :D

• GYT-Rider

Posted August 10, 2005 - 07:14 AM

Try ColoRite they have OEM Yamaha match paint.

Go faster.

• Chris Hyde

Posted August 10, 2005 - 07:39 AM

I have always used PJ1 to touch up boot scuffs and whatnot and its perfect. You can get it from your dealer for about $6.95/can.

• yz_for_me

Posted August 10, 2005 - 09:16 AM

You can also get the PJ1 paint at Rockymountain MC

I've used it many times. It is a perfect match made specifically for Yamaha blue.

• Satch0922

Posted August 10, 2005 - 03:05 PM

You can also get the PJ1 paint at Rockymountain MC

I've used it many times. It is a perfect match made specifically for Yamaha blue.

:D

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.