650 L brakes

25 replies to this topic
  • myriondo

Posted November 01, 2005 - 10:29 PM

Braided lines are the best and cheapest improvement. The difference is night and day for me. If I got a new L that is the first mod I would do.

Hey Dudes....I need to replace my front rotor and pads...might as well change the line as well. What 'stainless' lines (brandname) should I use? Also what other choices are there for an oversized front rotor for the 650L other than the EBC 320mm....that seems a bit pricey to me:-). Does the kind of brake pad I get make a difference? Sintered or not sintered?

• goblin127

Posted November 02, 2005 - 06:16 AM

Rocky mountain has the galfer stainless brake lines for the 650l on sale now. I have these and they did make a diff. Most importantly on the front.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 02, 2005 - 12:40 PM

like i said, you guys just got weak pimp hands.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmhrc630

Posted November 02, 2005 - 01:12 PM

why not just use an OEM XR600 brake line? (I think it's kevlar from memory)

In australia it has been used as a replacement for front brakes woes on XR400s and XR650Rs.

It's recognised as the best front brake line around.

• cheff

Posted November 03, 2005 - 10:39 AM

Rocky mountain has the galfer stainless brake lines for the 650l on sale now. I have these and they did make a diff. Most importantly on the front.

This are the ones I went with. I got them in red to match the bike. :banghead:

• myriondo

Posted November 04, 2005 - 11:59 AM

WHo makes a 320mm front rotor besides EBC? During my investigation of this I cannot find a oversized rotor for less than ~150$.

Please let us know how you did this 'Captain'.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.