who has best price on scotts dampner?

8 replies to this topic
  • robman

Posted March 12, 2001 - 06:28 PM

trying to find the best price on a scotts dampner for my 2000 wr400.
any suggestions? would like to have used one and would like to keep my stock bars (if you can use it with stock bars?)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 12, 2001 - 07:37 PM

YOU CAN NOT RUN STOCK BARS BECAUSE OF THE CROSS BAR. YOU CAN RUN ANY BAR THAT HAS A REMOVABLE CROSSBAR,BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BEND THE CROSSBAR FOR CLEARANCE FOR THE DAMPER.

I HAVE NEW DAMPERS FOR $370.00

CALL TOLL FREE 866-782-4600/818-782-4600

THANKS MARK

• Bill

Posted March 13, 2001 - 03:30 AM

Robman,

Use this opportunity to save yourself some greif (bending stock bars) and make some room in the cockpit. Buy the Jimmy Button high bend bars from Renthal and order the damper from Mark at two-dads. It will all, bolt right up.

I had the bars and Mark sold me the damper. I think he only charged me 5 or $10 for the shipping and that was coast to coast, I live in Pa.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• Hick

Posted March 13, 2001 - 08:26 AM

Originally posted by robman:
Would like to have used one and would like to keep my stock bars (if you can use it with stock bars?)

You’re gonna spend $400 + on a damper (not dampner, dampener, oh f**k it, it’s a STABILIZER) and you want to keep those crappy bars?

Just kidding, and yes, contrary to popular belief Mark and Rob, the damper will fit under the stock crossbar, but you have to remove the arm and install it facing the opposite direction (180 degrees). The damper mount holes are centered (the damper is symmetrical about the arm and mount bolts), allowing you to mount it backwards. This way the taller portion of the damper, err stabilizer, is behind the crossbar and the controls are accessible.

I’ve found that you only need about 37mm of bar to crossbar clearance to mount a damper and the stock bars should have more than that (Scott’s says 40mm is required).

Mark at Two Dad’s seems like a good guy, I bought a used damper from him (thanks Mark), and $370 is a good price for a new one. Don’t forget the mounting kit will run you another $130 or so…

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ToddW

Posted March 13, 2001 - 10:56 PM

You have a few options on the damper. $320 from Scotts, I paid about $300 from John Burr for just the damper. You also need the bar mount and post. These two run about 100-150 if you buy them both at the same time. For gods sake man, replace those stock bars. Look for package deals. I think Scotts has a combo with top clamp, Damper, bars(Pro Taper) and all the mounts for $599. Also check with BRP on the GPR combos.

Good Luck,
Todd

• TheBOS

Posted March 13, 2001 - 11:26 AM

I just ordered my clamp, damper, pro-tapers, from BRP, www.brpit.com, for 599.00, they are very helpful.
-Brett

• robman

Posted March 13, 2001 - 03:13 PM

Thanks guys for all the info.
one more question , what bar is closest to stock bend?

------------------
00 wr400f pro circuit pipe ,uni-flow filter,no lid on breather,factory R&D accelerator pump cover.

• Hick

Posted March 13, 2001 - 03:56 PM

Renthal makes a replica of the YZ bend. Check their website for the spec.s and you can compare the other bends to the stocker.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 13, 2001 - 10:49 PM

I CAN SELL THE SCOTTS KIT FOR $550.00 THAT
INCLUDES:
DAMPER
POST BRACKET
PRO TAPERS
TOP TRIPLE CLAMP

CALL TOLL FREE 866-782-4600/818-782-4600

THANKS MARK

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.