Plastic swap questions?

6 replies to this topic
  • wrguy

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:52 PM

asked many times before but search does not help. reply if i am wrong. '98-'02 yz400/yz426 seat and tank will fit on my '00 WR400? i am assuming this means the rear fender will bolt up also? what about radiator shrouds? will my stockers bolt to the yz tank? and finally, how about subframes? i see ac racing has an aluminum subframe for the yz 400/426. will it fit? how much lighter than stocker? need to lose weight (the bike, not me). other suggestions/comments about this subject would be great. thanks!

• spy

Posted August 09, 2005 - 05:43 AM

As far as i know, the seat/tank/subframe are inter-changeable for 98-02 bikes. Radiator shrouds wise, i remember the 426 having different radiators with different mounting points for the shrouds. (Not 100% sure)

• jchantzWR400F

Posted August 09, 2005 - 06:09 AM

Once you get into 426 territory, the mounting holes for the shrouds will not line up with the 400 radiators. Everything 400 wise is good to go! The front fender rear fender are interchangeable for all 98-02 models, as well as tank and seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blaster21996

Posted August 09, 2005 - 07:11 AM

asked many times before but search does not help. reply if i am wrong. '98-'02 yz400/yz426 seat and tank will fit on my '00 WR400? i am assuming this means the rear fender will bolt up also? what about radiator shrouds? will my stockers bolt to the yz tank? and finally, how about subframes? i see ac racing has an aluminum subframe for the yz 400/426. will it fit? how much lighter than stocker? need to lose weight (the bike, not me). other suggestions/comments about this subject would be great. thanks!

I don't know if you are planning to lose the coolant bottle or not, but, none of the yz sub frames have a mount point for the bottle.

• ISBB

Posted August 09, 2005 - 11:59 AM

The subframe was of concern to me cuz i wanted to get a yz subframe but since i ride out in glamis and in the high desert where bikes are prone to overheating i dont want it to puke coolant everytime i stop eventually runnign out... Is there a aftermarket aluminum subframe with the bottle attachment or am i just stuck keeping the steel stocker..

will the radiator shrouds from the same year 426's interchange yz/wr or wr/yz..

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 10, 2005 - 02:18 AM

The subframe was of concern to me cuz i wanted to get a yz subframe but since i ride out in glamis and in the high desert where bikes are prone to overheating i dont want it to puke coolant everytime i stop eventually runnign out... Is there a aftermarket aluminum subframe with the bottle attachment or am i just stuck keeping the steel stocker..

will the radiator shrouds from the same year 426's interchange yz/wr or wr/yz..

I run an alum' YZF subframe on my WR426, and before I removed the coolant recovery tank completely, I had it attached by the one original mounting bolt remaining and a large (thick) zip tie. I would've ridden it like that for a year or more, over all types of terrain, no problems. :D It would be a simple matter of welding a tab on the aluminium subframe, if the zip tie fix was a concern to you.

• 99wr400

Posted August 10, 2005 - 02:26 PM

I don't know if you are planning to lose the coolant bottle or not, but, none of the yz sub frames have a mount point for the bottle.

You can weld on new mounts for it, or just make a new coolant bottle and locate it elsewhere.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.