Has anyone seen any mag reviews for the 06?

12 replies to this topic
  • Rocky Mountain

Posted August 08, 2005 - 01:10 PM

Hey... i have been looking... and i can find specs, pictures and people claiming to own the new 06 bikes. But no ride reviews. Does anyone have a link to one possibly??? I'm getting a new 06's something... and for the trail it needs a 5 gear... So only one other choice... Thankyou

• biznet1

Posted August 08, 2005 - 02:58 PM

It sounds like you've found more than most. I don't know how anyone can own one yet unless they have some sort of connections. There aren't any mag reviews yet.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 09, 2005 - 05:37 AM

it is not out yet - no reviews

• cheekz

Posted August 09, 2005 - 06:06 AM

yes they are are they were reviewed last month in trials and motocross newspaper they look boss on and off the track :D they av changed nealy everything and massive engine updates :D

• mxaction

Posted August 09, 2005 - 11:35 AM

it is not out yet - no reviews

Magazine's get the luxury of testing bikes well before they're released to the public.

Expect a test of the '06 YZ450F in the November or December issues.

• Jetsprint2

Posted August 09, 2005 - 12:38 PM

Magazine's get the luxury of testing bikes well before they're released to the public.

Expect a test of the '06 YZ450F in the November or December issues.

That is when the bikes are supposed to be out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 09, 2005 - 12:59 PM

yes they are are they were reviewed last month in trials and motocross newspaper they look boss on and off the track :D they av changed nealy everything and massive engine updates :D

Ok so what is the review? Post it on here for us all to see........ :D

• cheekz

Posted August 09, 2005 - 02:06 PM

Ok so what is the review? Post it on here for us all to see........ :D

my scanna is broke will take a photo 2moro :D

• kmier

Posted August 09, 2005 - 02:27 PM

[quote name='Doug McGill']Magazine's get the luxury of testing bikes well before they're released to the public.
QUOTE]

I bought my 03' a month before it came out in the mags, so I would guess they were riding it a couple weeks before me.

• yz_for_me

Posted August 09, 2005 - 08:01 PM

You don't usually see new bike reviews until the September issue or so. It also depends on when the bikes are released. For example, the CR 2 smoke reviews were delayed until Nov. or Dec. if memory serves and the RMZ450 reviews didn't hit the mags until April of '05.

• Satch0922

Posted August 10, 2005 - 03:03 PM

why do you need a magazine review? How many times did you go off their misinformation or sales techniques in deciding what bike to buy?

06 YZ450,,,,,legendary Yamaha reliability, strong motor, 5 speed for better versatility, lower center of gravity, new SS forks, adjustable clamp with ProTapers.....what else do you need to know? :D

• Rocky Mountain

Posted August 10, 2005 - 04:36 PM

Well first off i didn't say i needed to know... and secondly i just wanted to know if there were any articles out there that might help give advice from an actual rider, and not some sales pitch. I live up in B.C. and problably won't see any of these bikes till next spring at the earliest. Guess i was a little eager, i just wanted to ask some of the more dedicated and computer savy people on here if they knew of any...

• Peen

Posted August 10, 2005 - 05:53 PM

Sometimes mag reviews are right. I mean in the 01 shoot out they were spot on! I rode them all, they said the 01 cr 125 sucked ass, guess what it sucked!! all though they said 01 125 had not much low end, but mine ripped! I like mag reviews though, gives you an idea and some bathroom reading :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.