wr q's

9 replies to this topic
  • rasta

Posted August 07, 2005 - 07:59 PM

are wr's green sticker legal and do they have a 3 or a c in the 8th digit of the vin,thanks

• WheelsUp

Posted August 07, 2005 - 09:09 PM

2005 and 2006 WR450F is green
2006 WR250F will be green

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:27 PM

Mine has a Y in 8th position

• rasta

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:32 PM

thanks,joe the reason i ask i want to make one street legal in bay area,ca my 426 seems to be too much hassle to make legal than the new wrs

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:39 PM

My certificate of origin specifies off road only. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WheelsUp

Posted August 08, 2005 - 08:27 PM

Ditto that.
You'll have to jump through all kinds of hoops and MAYBE you can snag a street plate for it, but most likely not.
Then you have to hope that the DMV doesn't catch the "mistake" next year.

• rasta

Posted August 08, 2005 - 08:48 PM

i do worry about the reg the following years but there is a place called joe racer in san jose who can legally get the new crf450x plated and other bikes too

• WheelsUp

Posted August 08, 2005 - 08:51 PM

If it's never been registered.
If your dealer sent in the paperwork, it's game-over.

So far, only one poster here on TT has claimed being successful following the special construction route through JoeRacer.

• CheYuen

Posted August 08, 2005 - 09:19 PM

I am also looking to dual sport my '05 450. Does anyone know where I can find the laws pertaining to this? You would think that with the appropriate modifications it wouldn't be a problem. Why is it so difficult to do?

• WheelsUp

Posted August 08, 2005 - 11:39 PM

I am also looking to dual sport my '05 450. Does anyone know where I can find the laws pertaining to this? You would think that with the appropriate modifications it wouldn't be a problem. Why is it so difficult to do?

EPA and the California hippy greenies.

The same people that brought you "Oh, 2 strokes are too dirty so we'll have them build 4 strokes that are cleaner... oh sorry... your YZ is still dirty so it gets a red sticker but that pig TTR is okay"

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.