AIS and Radiator/Reservoir

4 replies to this topic
  • cgrlvr35

Posted August 07, 2005 - 06:46 PM

Hey all. Just finished with the GYTR AIS kit. What a difference it made. No pop any more. I have more poop to the bike. Also took the air snorkle out. I was going to cut out the holes on the right side. Ill wait.

My radiator question ???. I notice on the o5 yz450 there is no reservoir tank on the rear. I wanted to put a rear fender on and get rid of the rear light while I race. Can the 05 WR be changed like th eyz and get rid of the extra storage. Would you just plug the cap? Let me know. :D

• Matty05

Posted August 07, 2005 - 07:14 PM

If you want to remove the reservoir tank, run the hose down to the ground with the carb hoses.

I have got a YZ rear guard on mine, you still have to cut holes in the side where the brackets are. It doesn't take long at all and I think Acerbis makes a YZ guard for the WR with the holes in it already. Don't get an original one as the plastic is crap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cgrlvr35

Posted August 07, 2005 - 09:32 PM

Thanks Matty05. Ill look into it.

• hotthrottle613

Posted August 08, 2005 - 06:16 AM

If you get rid of the overflow, it is recommended that you change the radiator cap to a 1.6 (found this info at when looking at adding side fuel tank.)

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:24 PM

I was told today that KX500 cap is 1.6, may be readiLy available. Am considering the same setup, and run NPG-R. I have had good luck with NPG+ in a high compression 383 stroker Chevy engine.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.