Best skid plate for WR450?

22 replies to this topic
  • elton

Posted August 11, 2005 - 09:12 AM

The oil lines on the right side of the engine are exposed without any protection. The Utah skid plate will protect that area and more.
http://www.utahsportcycle.com/

That is what you're missing... :D

Thanks. Does that large wrap-around skid cause heating or noise issues? Maybe its because it's for a 4-stroke, but it's much larger than the Enduro Engineering skids on my KTM 2-stroke.

Elton

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rushfan

Posted August 11, 2005 - 02:08 PM

Thanks. Does that large wrap-around skid cause heating or noise issues? Maybe its because it's for a 4-stroke, but it's much larger than the Enduro Engineering skids on my KTM 2-stroke.

Elton

That's a good looking skid. Do they make one for the wr? And yes, it does make a noise issue. The first time I rode after I installed it, I thought my bike was coming apart ( not knowing at first what it was ). But it didn't take but a few minutes to figure it out. It kind of sounds like a table saw running. All of the sound of the bottom end reverberates up...
No heating or any other issues. It's a great piece.

• jeff_wsu

Posted August 11, 2005 - 02:14 PM

I have a DEVOL skid plate and I love it!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.