rekluse clutch slip

3 replies to this topic
  • evosport

Posted August 07, 2005 - 10:07 AM

Hi
I've just purchased a second hand mk11 rekluse clutch for my yamaha wr426,
I followed the installation instructions but even without using any shims I've an installed gap of 0.05". The existing clutch plates are not excessively worn(the clutch never slipped). I've tried running the bike with the external medium spring adjusted to its full extent but when running the bike the clutch slips.
Can any one help, also there is material still on the pressure plate.

• StreetbikePimp

Posted August 07, 2005 - 01:10 PM

A .050 install gap is to big. It's only supposed to be between .030 and .037. You need to swap out some of the stock plates with some Rekluse plates.

This is from Rekluse website.

Rekluse Motor Sports
The z-Start Clutch
YZ/WR 426F
Installation Guide
Copyright 2002 Rekluse Motor Sports
z-Start Revision 3.000
Determine the installed gap of the Z-Start
15. Measure the installed gap of the z-Start. Two sets of feeler gauges are required to measure the
Installed Gap. The feeler gauges must be placed between the top most friction disk and the topmost
steel drive plate in the clutch pack 180 degrees apart. See following pictures.
Note: Insert the 2 sets of feeler gauges directly across from one another (180 degrees apart) to
avoid the clutch pack from rocking resulting in an inaccurate measurement. Find the thickest feeler
gauge that still slides back and forth with slight resistance.
The installed gap must be between .030” (0.76mm) and .037” (0.94mm). If the gap is correct, move
on to the next step. If the installed gap measurement is off, then the installed gap needs to be adjusted
due to manufacturing variances in the bike’s center clutch. If the measurement is greater than .037”
replace one stock .047” (1.2mm) drive plate with a Rekluse .055” (1.4mm) drive plate. If the
measurement is less than .028” replace one Rekluse .055” (1.4mm) drive plate with a stock
.047”(1.2mm) drive plate.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastkid591

Posted August 07, 2005 - 02:16 PM

Let me know how it works when you get it fixed. :D

• TROPSOVE

Posted August 08, 2005 - 12:08 AM

Because its a second hand clutch its an older design which incorporates just shims to adjust, so I haven't any Rekluse plates with the kit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.