Indy450, I need some help

7 replies to this topic
  • jaggley

Posted August 07, 2005 - 07:22 AM

Yesterday I was riding with dale and Charlie at Haspin. It was raining the whole time and was a mess. We had a good time though, for some reason we still got good enough traction to ride the trails. The open areas were worse than the trails.

Here are my two questions for you. First, the only problem I had yesterday was at one point my 04 wr450 just died when i throttled it. dale suggested I lay it on its side to see if gas would run out the overflow hose. That was the problem, I stuck a zyp-tie up the hose and gas started coming out. Is there a best way to route one or more of the hoses hanging out under the bike into the air box?

Second, I have a volcano rear tire and am happy with it so far. It performed well yesterday, but I plan to change it before the Arkansas ride in September. Any suggestions?

• Matty05

Posted August 07, 2005 - 03:59 PM

Here are my two questions for you. First, the only problem I had yesterday was at one point my 04 wr450 just died when i throttled it. dale suggested I lay it on its side to see if gas would run out the overflow hose. That was the problem, I stuck a zyp-tie up the hose and gas started coming out. Is there a best way to route one or more of the hoses hanging out under the bike into the air box?

Why the hell did you do this for???

• jaggley

Posted August 07, 2005 - 05:42 PM

When you lay your bike on its side, gas should run out the overflow hose under the bike. Mine didn't so I knew it was clogged with mud. Not real sure why you read so pissed?

• Matty05

Posted August 07, 2005 - 05:55 PM

I understand now.

Just cut a hole in the airbox big enough for the breather hoses, feed in the hoses and then seal it up with silicone.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETP

Posted August 07, 2005 - 06:24 PM

Some of us have installed tees and run the hoses into the air box. I elected not to put holes in my box, so I ran the tee'd hoses up under the seat and zip tied a piece of foam around the ends. Works great.
There are 3 hoses to modify in order to handle deep creek crossings. Do a forum search for more info. Seems like someone had a procedure write up for it.

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 09, 2005 - 03:33 PM

Yesterday I was riding with dale and Charlie at Haspin. It was raining the whole time and was a mess. We had a good time though, for some reason we still got good enough traction to ride the trails. The open areas were worse than the trails.

Second, I have a volcano rear tire and am happy with it so far. It performed well yesterday, but I plan to change it before the Arkansas ride in September. Any suggestions?

Sorry I have been away from TT for the last 10 days on my TT ride in Idaho! :D
The 2 side vent tubes that are tee'd at the carb. Just run the top one from each side above the carb and back along the frame rails to the air box.
This will also allow you to cross deep water crossings without the bog occuring. I recommend the Maxxis SI rear since they just ruined the Tera-flex by having Cheng Shin make them out of a cheap rubber compound that chunks and cuts way to quickly! :D

• BEAN329

Posted August 09, 2005 - 09:05 PM

indy who did your 490 big bore kit??

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 10, 2005 - 04:16 AM

indy who did your 490 big bore kit??

http://www.maxpower-...com/default.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.