The Best Exaust For A 05/ 650l

5 replies to this topic
  • Kieran

Posted August 06, 2005 - 11:26 PM

Just bought a 05 XR650L and i want to swap out the muffler, my two choices are the WB E2 or the FMF Q2, any body got any advice on them, i ride 50/50 on and off road mostly trail on BLM and fostery land so they have to be arested and quiet, any help would be great, Thanks

• roadcam

Posted August 07, 2005 - 01:47 AM

just using the magazine tests as a guide, I have usually seen the best dyno results from the WHITE Bros. pipe ... I can't justify that kind of cash outlay for ANY pipe, so I bought the Supertrapp IDS2 pipe (much cheaper) ... most of the tests only show maybe a one HP gain for most pipes, at best, .. not worth it to me ... but, it did dump a lot of weight, and looks MUCH better ... "it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that BLING ! " :D

• Dual_Dog

Posted August 07, 2005 - 07:29 AM

Another vote for the Trapp ISD2 QC. Tuneable, light weight, not too loud (I run 7 disks with all the mods) & it won't break the bank. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted August 07, 2005 - 11:28 AM

no no, yoshimura or big gun

• goblin127

Posted August 07, 2005 - 01:23 PM

I could not be happier with the XRs only full system I have.

• Rover31

Posted August 07, 2005 - 05:37 PM

I have the FMF Q with a Power Bomb header I like it it has a deep tone to it.
Not loud but loder than stock!
I know for a fact that the White Bro header is the biggest diam = best flow.
But it is louder.

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  40 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.