Big Gun EVO

4 replies to this topic
  • Plymrat

Posted August 06, 2005 - 06:27 AM

Anyone have any photos and comments of the new EVO exhaust on a L model. I'm thinking of getting one and it's always nice to get some feedback first. Thanks

• justicedone

Posted August 06, 2005 - 07:27 AM

There was a guy offloading one here recently who hated it. Big Gun has a horrible reputation in our community for lousy build quality and consistently coming apart at the seams.

I was going to buy their products until I became a member here and read all the negative comments by their pipes owners. Stay clear and go with a better company. FMF, White Bros, Supertrapp, etc.

Good thing about a White Bros E Series is how compact it is where it ends. Some pipes really hang out in the back, looking kinda odd, and putting themselves in harms way when dumping your piggy. If you look in my garage there are pics of a E-Series installed. They are a top notch pipe and I would rate mine 10, out of 10.

***Edit ***

heres a quick link to my pipe pic :D I bough on E-Bay new for $203.00

http://www.thumperta...tachmentid=4373

good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maddmickey

Posted August 07, 2005 - 09:58 AM

I am the guy who was unloading one. Paid $467, used it 20 miles and sold it on ebay for $250. They claim a 3 hp increase, which I think comes in around 8000 rpm. You know, about where you shift. Through the rest of the rpm range you loose about 3 hp. Expensive lesson for me. Dont waste your money!! :D

• khelton

Posted August 07, 2005 - 11:56 AM

Put an FMF on it, makes it a totally different motorcycle...

• pbusanga

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:21 AM

hi put an FMF Powercore with powerbomb header on mine very happy great sound, looks, quality of finish and power.
only prblem is the powerbomb header touches the accelerator pump screw on the Edelbrock carb (no problem with standard carb) i remedied this by filing the screw a couple of mm.
have fun

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.