fuel screw screwdriver??

7 replies to this topic
  • flintlock28

Posted August 05, 2005 - 03:53 PM

Before I plunk down $20 for a Zip-Ty or other manufacturer, what type of screw is used to adjust the fuel screw on these Keihin carbs?? slotted, Phillips?? let me know before I adjust my fuel screw. I'm probably going to order a Zip-Ty as a replacement, but I want to try the cheap route first.

thanx

• 35yz450F

Posted August 05, 2005 - 04:07 PM

Stubby 3/16" Standard Screwdriver

Spend the money on a hand adjustable fuel screw.

• flintlock28

Posted August 05, 2005 - 05:59 PM

Which one do you use???

• yz_for_me

Posted August 05, 2005 - 08:55 PM

Which one do you use???

Do you mean screwdriver or quick adjust fuel screw? If you mean screwdriver, the answer is 3/16. If you mean fuel screw I would say any of the aftermarket ones will work fine.

I'm with 35yz450F on this one. Spend the money on the fuel screw. It's well worth it. When using the screw driver I find it hard to tell if I'm actually turning the screw or just spinning the screwdriver. It makes it very difficult to know what adjustments you are actually making. Since small fuel screw adjustments can make big changes, I believe the aftermarket fuel screw is well worth the money. It's easy to tell what adjustment you are making. Some people have complained they fall out :D . I don't know, maybe they do, but I've been running one (it's a Kouba) for 3 years with no problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted August 06, 2005 - 04:10 AM

It's a regular screw inside there, not a phillpps. :D

I'm with the others too, get a zipty for it. I did.

• ovrrdrive

Posted August 06, 2005 - 04:12 AM

Stubby 3/16" Standard Screwdriver

Spend the money on a hand adjustable fuel screw.

I bought those from the local Harbor Freight before I got a zipty and they don't quite fit. I had to file the bit down on the concrete a little to get it to go in the hole easily.

It was a minor modification though. It worked fine after that.

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 07, 2005 - 04:26 PM

Get the zip-ty fuel screw. You can adjust it while you're sittin on the bike with your gloves on. Worth every penny! There are a few other brands now as well.

• flintlock28

Posted August 07, 2005 - 05:56 PM

I ordered the Zip-Ty........

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.