Just Bought an '05 WR450 Today! Suspension Question

5 replies to this topic
  • Joe Reitman

Posted August 05, 2005 - 12:26 PM

I will set sag at 100 mm, and slide fork tubes up to lower front end for better cornering. Seeking compression and rebound adjuster setting recommendations. Those of you who have ridden with me know my riding style. Those of you who have not, I come from a moto background and have also been riding track and trails the last 2 years on an '03 KX250. I guess I am a B or fast C woods rider??? Weight 180-185 with gear on. Thanks in advance. :D

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 05, 2005 - 02:14 PM

Sorry- forgot to mention- I am in Georgia, where we don't have too many rocks, but plenty of tree roots that require plushness. Mostly tight 2nd-3rd gear stuff, not many big G-outs, but some hare scramble jumps from time to time.

Joe. :D

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 05, 2005 - 06:07 PM

I just realized there is a suspension forum here. Maybe I should post this there instead?

meanwhile I will search there...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Joe Reitman

Posted August 08, 2005 - 07:36 PM

Tonight I checked sag- stock is 92mm, 34mm unladen. Close enough for me. Actually ought to work tolerably well on a track.

I went out 4 clicks on fork compression, which leaves me 4 to go. Plushened it up some. The fork tubes are raised up 9 mm. Seems to corner well, at least for stock Dunlops.

• ncmountainman

Posted August 09, 2005 - 07:26 AM

grandma used say she talked to herself because that was the smartest person to talk to :D

• Joe Reitman

Posted August 09, 2005 - 07:01 PM

I am afraid that adage does not apply here... :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.