My new xr650r kid approved

14 replies to this topic
  • jim1234

Posted August 05, 2005 - 10:32 AM

Finally found a dual sport ,and brought it home. My kids wanted to ride it . They climbed on and away they went. The first picture is my 8 year old and the last 2 are my 6 year old. He had the bike sideways but I missed the picture. What the picture didn't show was dad hoping they didn't try the huge table top in our backyard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Troy_Bell

Posted August 05, 2005 - 10:40 AM

Dude, your kids have BALL :D :D S!!!

• litrob15

Posted August 05, 2005 - 10:50 AM

Kids at that age really have no fear.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted August 05, 2005 - 11:04 AM

what was that number to child protective services again?

• qadsan

Posted August 05, 2005 - 11:10 AM

Looks like you've lost your new bike :D

• jim1234

Posted August 05, 2005 - 11:33 AM

They ride almost eveyday and ride a track at least once a week . As far as child protective services dad was a step away at all times. There're really fast and would do well if i would let them race. I want them to have fun and make that choice we they get older.

• ghoti

Posted August 05, 2005 - 12:20 PM

They ride almost eveyday and ride a track at least once a week . As far as child protective services dad was a step away at all times. There're really fast and would do well if i would let them race. I want them to have fun and make that choice we they get older.

Excellent job Jim. So many parents push their kids to fufill their own unsatisfied goals. I let my 13 ride my XR650L the last time we were riding. I had to hold it up so he could get going, too funny :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jim1234

Posted August 05, 2005 - 12:35 PM

Here's a couple of pic's of my boys jumping in the back yard. Remmeber there'e
6 and 8

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• miguelitro

Posted August 05, 2005 - 01:55 PM

That is awesome!
I look back on the days of my dad teaching me to ride as some of my best memories. As a kindergarten teacher i think that riding dirtbikes is a great character builder(heck look at all of us characters!) teaches you self reliance, toughness, builds confidence, and is a FAMILY sport.
Some day when I have kids I sure hope they make the choice to ride!
keep up the good parenting!
and your kids rip, lucky grommets jumping in their back yard...

• frankstr

Posted August 05, 2005 - 07:07 PM

Do your boys let you ride......... :D They look good..... :D

• irondude

Posted August 05, 2005 - 07:34 PM

Cool pics!

heres a link to consider...

http://www.acerbis.c...uards/6330.html

• smashinz2002

Posted August 05, 2005 - 07:51 PM

Man that is too cool!!! Great pics! That reminds me of some great memories when I was that age; my dad having me stand on the tailgate of the pickup, so I could climb onto his RM400. I could barely reach the pegs and shifter on that bike, but riding that thing was most fun any kid could ever have!
L.L.

'00 XR650R
'04 KX500
'05 DR650SE

• AzMtnThumper

Posted August 05, 2005 - 08:30 PM

"He had the bike sideways" ...I used to do that on my Dad's XL350 :D :D . Then one day he caught me pinning it and I had an XL175 a few days later. :eek: I love riding with my kids. :D

• jim1234

Posted August 05, 2005 - 09:27 PM

As far as protection the wear boots, chest protector, spine protector, and neck brace,gloves and goggles

• bootlegger2

Posted August 06, 2005 - 04:24 AM

Kids Heal A Lot Faster At That Age I Found It Takes Me Longer To Heal Now That I Am Older

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.