Chain Adjusters

3 replies to this topic
  • ATF

Posted August 04, 2005 - 01:32 PM

Hello good people of Thumper Talk, I have a very basic almost embarrasing question or problem. I ride a 2005 YZ450-F and noticed that the chain adjuster blocks for the rear wheel are not the same on the left as they are on the right. There are more lines on the left than the right. Is this done on purpose, and if so do you count off the same number of lines on each block, or did I get a pair of bad blocks? Do you count from the rear of the block or the front or does it matter? I would appreciate any input.

• cheekz

Posted August 04, 2005 - 02:00 PM

count from the front

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirty_Sanchez

Posted August 04, 2005 - 02:07 PM

Same bike, 1 year older.

I never trust those guide blocks, even back in my XR-75 days.

Get a yardstick, put the straight edge against the side of your rear sprocket and adjust your chain slack adjusters so the straight edge lines up to the same side of your front sprocket. Works like a champ, is cheap and the most accurate, fastest way of aligning both sprockets I have found.

Where in LA are you. I'm in Baton Rouge.

• djo269

Posted August 04, 2005 - 02:41 PM

I always counted the lines from the rear of the axle blocks. Are I doing it wrong?

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.