Sorry but another newbiw Q (AIS removal)

3 replies to this topic
  • TBone_Boston

Posted August 04, 2005 - 12:38 PM

I apologize in advance becasue I know you all must have beaten this topic to death. I did search the old threads but I'm hoping someone might enlighten me for some dumb questions...

First, do ALL '05 WR450s come with the AIS (or just those sold in CA)? Secondly, if I pick up a kit to remove mine is it a simple task (keep in mind I am still a rookie wrencher).

• clark4131

Posted August 04, 2005 - 12:55 PM

All North American '05's have the AIS and it's easy to install the kit. The only thing that's hard is putting in the front plug because of the angle. If you empty the radiators and partially remove one, it's much easier. Then you can refill the radiators with some better fluid like Engine Ice or NPG...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • knucklehead

Posted August 04, 2005 - 01:04 PM

word!! i had to get the ole lady to install the plastic plug b/c my hands are too large to fit in the airbox area.
my bike doesnt fart nearly as much anymore - maybe i should get one for the dog.

• TBone_Boston

Posted August 05, 2005 - 04:43 AM

Sounds easy enough. I think I'll order the kit today!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.